overclocking amd 7650m failed

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
My friend took my laptop and used MSI Afterburner to overclock my GPU and now, on installing graphics driver screen goes black and flashes till it shows wierd artifacts..

So, inshort i am not able to install my display drivers and hence, can't use my GPU....

Any help would be appreciated.

MORE INFO--
PC-VAIO SVE15127CNB
PROCESSOR-i5 3210M
GPU - AMD 7650M
RAM - 6GB ( 1-4GB,2-2GB)
OS-Windows 8.1

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!

genthug

Honorable
Just a bit of a tip--it's a bit late at this point... but don't overclock on a laptop. Unless you're freezing the thing in constant LN2, it's going to overheat. When I'm playing games on my laptop (albeit, a workstation laptop) my K2100m heats up to a nice 85C, and my CPU heats up to a nice boiling 100C. With my cooling pad underneath, my GPU runs around 70-75, my CPU runs around 85. There's also the fact that it's a Lenovo... But point stands. You have a very high chance to cook something in a laptop.

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

so all you guys are suggesting that my graphics card is HISTORY now? ... can you suggest me any method that i can be 100% sure that my gpu is dead for real.. cause it is shown in gpuz .. all info... but i don't know if its dead or not..
and thanks for replying. ;-)

genthug

Honorable

So, you should be able to use your GPU, drivers or not. Drivers are always a bonus, but if you put a GPU in a brand new machine without an iGPU, you still get an image. No drivers necessary. If you can attempt to run an application off of your AMD card and all you get is black, that's a problem. Have you tried turning your graphics option to your discrete card instead of iGPU?

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

i didn't knew if you got the rply so i tried again.. sorry

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
okay, yeah i got an image but it died too soon and it was almost nothing... yeah, msi afterburner had the settings.. but now, it don't accept any input cause there are no drivers...so can't change a thing...

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

but even if there is overclock i did clean os install ... so if that makes any difference?
and also the image is nothing just weird colors here and there.... HOPE its not dead...
and thanks again ;-)

genthug

Honorable
Well, even without drivers, your card should still work. You can't change specifics on it that would be in Radeon Settings, but you should still be able to use it... Otherwise, putting the card in a machine that doesn't have Intel graphics would mean you could never get an image out of it, yeah? Would be pointless for the people who are manufacturing it

If you got massive artifacts on your screen, barely an image, and then the screen just blacked out...the card might be fried. The only other thing I could think to try would be to go into your bios, and find your display settings to check if it's running on your Intel graphics or the amd card.

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

well my bios is insyde h20 something its useless. it doesn't have anything like that... also my manufacturer had done something with drivers that intel and amd can't exist or used alone.. something i don't know much on that..

okay, listen..
i tell you the whole story.... ___ hope you help ;-)
so, first my friend used msi afterburner.. no problems at that time.. we even played games.. and then suddenly one day i opened devil may cry 5 and then BSOD atikmpag.sys problem and then boot loop .. and then i tried recovery but nothing happend so i tried clean install and yes, i have two disk partition but only one hdd.. And till, then whenever i install the display driver provided by sony it does install but the screen goes black many times and then wierd screen (barely a image) and then BSOD and then boot loop till i go into safe mode and disable the display driver...
i even tried individual intel graphics driver (can't install sony problem) and amd (but still BSOD's)...

amdcursedgpu

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

Thanks for replying me earlier...
and plz guys any other suggestion to check if graphics card is really dead? HELP