Overclocking AMD E1-1200 APU

LoganDark

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to overclock the CPU on my budget laptop. It seems to be an AMD E-Series APU, which doesn't get much support.. It doesn't support AMD OverDrive and it's only 1.4Ghz. I'm trying to get it to 2.4Ghz (the same speed as my super-old 2.4Ghz MacBook from early 2008), I already have the extra cooling. If the speed is unstable, please let me know, I'm not looking forward to crashing my PC (although I never got the BSOD) or burning out my CPU.

Also, I heard APUs have a GPU and a CPU? I'm looking to overclock just the CPU. Also, I hear the E-Series is a low-power and low-performance budget APU for small laptops, which is partly why I need to overclock it to get the performance I need.

Any help?

Solution
i have an e1 6010 1.35ghz all i can is there is software for overclocking them but eventually the bios chip that regulates controls cannot be overwritten there is currently no bios software for it even if it could be done good luck finding a bios for it ive tried everything from overclock software bios updates even went as far as cooling it more no sucess to be honest your better off putting a sledge hammer to it enjoy the pleasure of destroying such crappy processors get a new laptop mate with more ghz and better integrated chip or gon for desktop but yiu have to remember laptops are portable work computers while desktops are the powerhouse of performance its a tradeoff tbh hope this help ..... also be better off if i strap a grenade...

popatim

Titan
You generally can't overclock a laptop, manufacturers have power and thermal envelopes designed into the laptops power and cooling systems which you would exceed and cause the laptop to need repairs, repairs you would probably try to get covered by warranty... so these features are just not even written into the bioses.

If you need more power, I'm sorry to say , but you may want to look into selling this one and getting one that meets your needs.

LoganDark

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I'm looking into a custom-build desktop but my darn mom's too poor to even afford a new phone for me sooooo... I suggest somebody give me a tutorial if they want to answer.

Even if it will destroy my laptop, even if I can only overclock to 1.6Ghz, don't tell me it can't be done, for heaven's sakes GIVE ME A TUTORIAL INSTEAD.

Lugia Kane

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014
i have an e1 6010 1.35ghz all i can is there is software for overclocking them but eventually the bios chip that regulates controls cannot be overwritten there is currently no bios software for it even if it could be done good luck finding a bios for it ive tried everything from overclock software bios updates even went as far as cooling it more no sucess to be honest your better off putting a sledge hammer to it enjoy the pleasure of destroying such crappy processors get a new laptop mate with more ghz and better integrated chip or gon for desktop but yiu have to remember laptops are portable work computers while desktops are the powerhouse of performance its a tradeoff tbh hope this help ..... also be better off if i strap a grenade to my e1 6010 and let it off

Solution

TRENDING THREADS