Overclocking AMD processor

Mios

Honorable
Mar 12, 2017
I was wondering if i could overclock my AMD Athlon II X4 631 to about 3ghz. I know theoretically how to do it but i dont want to experiment.
Im having a ECS A55F-M3 motherboard and a Windows 10
Thanks for help <3

Solution
Many of those chips can hit that but not all. It all depends on randomness (the so called silicon lottery).
Did you get lucky and get a good chip?
Then there is cooling. Do you have a good cooler? Do you have a typical amount of thermal paste (most users have too much). If you have a stock cooler, don't expect much. If you use too much thermal paste expect poor results.
What is the air flow in your case? Depends on the case itself. Fans. Fan locations. Cabling routing (messy = reduced airflow).

No two are the same. You take care of those things you can take care of and then you test your system for yourself.
Many of those chips can hit that but not all. It all depends on randomness (the so called silicon lottery).
Did you get lucky and get a good chip?
Then there is cooling. Do you have a good cooler? Do you have a typical amount of thermal paste (most users have too much). If you have a stock cooler, don't expect much. If you use too much thermal paste expect poor results.
What is the air flow in your case? Depends on the case itself. Fans. Fan locations. Cabling routing (messy = reduced airflow).

No two are the same. You take care of those things you can take care of and then you test your system for yourself.

Solution