Overclocking and Win7 Corruption?

therock003

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2008
I'm in the process of overclocking my 920 cpu. I was running 185 baseclock fine for an hour but my computer went into sleep cause the power options are set by default for 30 minute interval sleep.

When i clicked the mouse to resume the Monitor Screen never went beyond black so i reset my computer.

I went into BIOS and pumped the clock to 195 and restarted. I then realized for the first time that win7 have a resume function that go into the state they were before.

So my previous state was restored into what it was before, which is running prime 95 and 2-3 temperature monitor programs, only this time the clock was on 195 instead of 185.
I closed realtemp and reopened it so that it could recognize the new frequency but a nasty BSOD popped up as soon as i executed REAL temp and after that i was never able to log into win& again into normal mode. I can only do so in safe mode but whats the point.

Now instead of the wavy win7 flag logo i get the old scrolling bars on the boot sequency andno logo appears and after that the Screens blackens just before the windows logon screen.

I also tried a system restore but i didnt fix anything.

Althoufgh there was this one time Where i got theoption to either Use the startup repair tool or to boot into windows. Hoping that i would see this prompt again i selected option#2.

How can I get the option to use startup repair, or what other way is there for me to repair the startup installation so that i can log into winodws 7 in norml mode?

aceadam

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2008
"Now instead of the wavy win7 flag logo i get the old scrolling bars on the boot sequency andno logo appears and after that the Screens blackens just before the windows logon screen. " Means your clock isent stable to even boot into windows.

do a bios reset and then check