Overclocking Asus gt520 2gb silent

saim072

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
Hello,
I am very new in Overlocking .
I just want to know how much I can overclock my Asus gt520 silent 2gb.
Secondly I am using EVGA PRECISION X I want t know which is best driver version (win 7 64bit)and overclocking software.I have Very Very good cooling system at 100% load it goes max 60°c.:)

My rig spec-
Intel Dual-Core E5300
Asus GT520 silent 2gb (which is to be overclocked)
2 Gb 1333 mhz RAM

Thanks...

CrispyChips

Reputable
Feb 16, 2014
As far as passive heatsinks go,ASUS did it right with the GT520,lots of surface room to dissipate heat.

For Software,EVGA Precision X works fine to Overclock. I personally like MSI Afterburner because its interface isnt so stupidly big.

Not sure what the best drivers for your generation card though,i havent used Nvidia in awhile.

As far as actually Overclocking goes. Take it slow,10-15mhz increases on your clocks and then test with a game or benchmark while keeping an eye on your temps. Since your videocard will get hotter rather quickly while OC'ing on a passive cooler.

If your game/benchmark locks up or you start seeing artifacts on your screen(white "Snow" like pixels,multicolored pixels,object stretching) turn your clocks down 5mhz untill they stop.

60c on the GPU? Thats pretty good if so. If its the CPU,thats kind of warm.

saim072

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014

saim072

Reputable
Jun 5, 2014
And please tell me the best overclocker and best nVidia driver version (win 7 64bit). As I have mentioned above I have awesome cooling system so just tell how to and by which software and max can get.

To play bf3 and nfs the run on low-mid settings.