Overclocking Basics for GTX 1050 FTW

Jordan_95

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
So i just got a GTX 1050 FTW 2gb and would like some advice and or basics on overclocking a graphics card. I have no prior experience with computers and overclocking; so i may be slow. Thanks in advance for any answers given.

Solution
I use msi afterburner, I would start with +75mhz on the core clocks then increase it in 25mhz increments, then test using either a game that will push the gpu to 100% usage or a benchmark like unigene heaven or something. If its stable increase it another 25mhz and retest until it freezes, blue screens or hard crashes then back off your clocks a bit test agin and find a stable number.

After you find a stable core clock I would stat OCing memory, start with a +100mhz, increase it in say 40mhz increments until it becomes unstable, when memory becomes unstable it will sally start artifacting, you will see odd patters and colors on your screen that are not supposed to be there, when you see that back off the memory clocks and find...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I use msi afterburner, I would start with +75mhz on the core clocks then increase it in 25mhz increments, then test using either a game that will push the gpu to 100% usage or a benchmark like unigene heaven or something. If its stable increase it another 25mhz and retest until it freezes, blue screens or hard crashes then back off your clocks a bit test agin and find a stable number.

After you find a stable core clock I would stat OCing memory, start with a +100mhz, increase it in say 40mhz increments until it becomes unstable, when memory becomes unstable it will sally start artifacting, you will see odd patters and colors on your screen that are not supposed to be there, when you see that back off the memory clocks and find something where its not artifacting that will be your max memory overclock.

Her is a more in depth video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWbKCKsWVQ

Solution

Jordan_95

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017
The reason why i bought it was because i wanted was to test myself in some computer knowledge and learn. I thought that clock speed would be better than vram. I could've gotten a gtx 1050ti, thats true; but i thought that it would go best with my Pentium G4560 for $130 instead of dropping $200 for a RX 470.

Jordan_95

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017

I purchased it yesterday on Newegg.com. The FTW 1050 and base 1050ti were the same price. Guess it fluctuated overnight.