Overclocking Competition: Germany Edges Past USA 8-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Eggrenade[/nom]USA All the Way![/citation]

Naa - europe for the win! takes technological understanding to tweak technology well .. something you ami's dont have - just look at your cars and their cornering (dis)abilities...

laverdir

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
hm,

don't like where overclocking is going these days..

would like to see '24 hour' rule, where the
system would have to run 24 hours under full load,
where the size of LN2 tank wouldn't matter..

something like famous '24 hours of le mans' race..

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]laverdir[/nom]hm,don't like where overclocking is going these days..would like to see '24 hour' rule, where thesystem would have to run 24 hours under full load,where the size of LN2 tank wouldn't matter..something like famous '24 hours of le mans' race..[/citation]
Landspeed records aren't requiring the cars to run for 24 hours either - why should this kind of competition be any different?

aciaman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]Naa - europe for the win! takes technological understanding to tweak technology well .. something you ami's dont have - just look at your cars and their cornering (dis)abilities...[/citation]

Do you mean Denmark because Europe is not a country. You can't compare the USA to Euraope they way you are. Denmark doesn't even make cars so lol. We make dependable and affordable cars unline germany. Anyways why are you putting the USA down on and American sites on a machine which descends from the first electic programmable computer made by Americans?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]aciaman[/nom]Do you mean Denmark because Europe is not a country. You can't compare the USA to Euraope they way you are. Denmark doesn't even make cars so lol. We make dependable and affordable cars unline germany. Anyways why are you putting the USA down on and American sites on a machine which descends from the first electic programmable computer made by Americans?[/citation]

I'm halfway inclined to not even respond really. You're way too confused to be reasoned with. But I'm not giving up that easily, so here goes.

usa is just a bunch of member states - the european union, to my disliking, is moving there too. So I can very well compare the usa to europe. Obviously not all of europe is part of eu, but I don't think that's going to make much of a difference in this regard.
And no denmark doesn't manufacture any cars anymore. We did manufacture electric cars in the 80s, but the technology wasn't really ready for the consumer marked at the time. And in general we're too small a country to successfully do that. However I may want to point out that Hydro in denmark is one of the leading experts on aluminum, and has been involved in many highprofile car projects because of that (for RR, merc, lotus etc). Anyway. I didn't compare denmark to the us. You can't really compare a european member state, to the biggest collective of member states in the western world. I did compare europe with the us, and I did compare european cars to american ones. And you come talking about dependable and affordable cars? The most dependable cars were japanese until the mid 90s - at that time european cars had caught up, with the exclusion of french, but then that's a different matter. In france they don't design cars to last 15 years. They expect people to replace them every once in a while, so what's it matter if they fall apart after 8 years? At least they're as good as american ones, more economic and a lot more affordable. Which brings me to the second part of your claim. Affordability. European cars in general are cheaper to buy, they run 'greener', they use less fuel to get from a to b, and unless you consider boat-like handling they're doing that better too.
Now obviously all those things aren't nessecarily true for all cars. The C6 definetly corners better than a fiat punto, and a maranello will use more fuel from a to b than a neon. But overall really the only thing you guys are good at, is dumping big v8's in your cars and hope they won't meet any corners. But then again, rover bought buick's aluminum v8 in the early 60s and thus europeans have been able to get straightline speed too if that's what we wanted. We just really don't. Cause beemer and alfa did show us that all you need is a straight 6 or a good carburator system to get from a to b faster than the big v8. And since porche showed us that even a small engine can go really fast, and added electronics we stole from japan, there's nothing an ami can do, that we can't do better (with regards to cars).

Anyway, back to your claims. Does it matter who made the first computers? These days they're made all over the world, and you probably can't even buy a computer where all parts origin from the us. Your silicon valley just doesn't matter anymore. The world's caught up despite your best efforts to avoid it (us patent system).
And well ... american site - sure it's .com/us that I'm using to read the news - but half the guys putting content onto this site don't reside in the us, so the question is how much is nessecary for a site to be american? surely the language isn't enough, as serveral other nations make use of that language as well. And if the physical server placement has any impact - well then a lot of american sites aren't american ...

Now if you want to argue futher, at least know what you're talking about.

Neiro

ps. if I could afford it, I'd buy a japanese car, not a european one, and definetly not something american. If I want something that breaks, I'll buy french.

aciaman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
Hey. AndersSON, this was a competition between Germany and the US, not the US vs. Europe. You seem to be the one thats confused and you contradict yourself. It's not fair to compare US vs Europe when europe has many more nerds,lol. Your rant about cars is rather nerdy and plain irrevalent. You only seems to care about steering and you did insult American on how you said it you cunning Dane. Also don't be so ignorant, Silicon valley is the hub of tech still. Google which im sure is Denmarks top search engine. Intel/AMD, Nvidia/ATI any many more have the most influence and superiority of all tech. Im am not saying all tech is from US but it is mostly designed in Silicon Valley but manufactured in China or Tiawan. I still don't agree with you on the cars but some Europeon cars are good. American cars have gotten better with more MPG/greener. Supposedly, English cars are the least dependable and I wouldn't mind a Japanese car.

If you want to argue further with your subjectivity, at least know what your talking about.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Hey there we go. Another post. Slightly better than your last, but still no good really. Let's start from the bottom this time.

"cars are the least dependable" While that was true from the 60s and till the demise of BL, it no longer is. Only a few independant manufacturers are left. The rest is sold off to other companies. Ford has jag and aston, some russian kid has tvr, gm has voxhaul, bmw had rover, vw has rr far as I remember. Point is - you're wrong. Again.

"Intel/AMD, Nvidia/ATI any many more have the most influence and superiority of all tech. Im am not saying all tech is from US but it is mostly designed in Silicon Valley but manufactured in China or Tiawan."
Intels tech is created all over the globe, amd has fabs only a highway from where I live, and while I don't know about nvidia, I bet it's invented somewhere in the east where it's manufacturered anyway. Sure the us has some respectable tech inventions under their belt, but so has the rest of the world. In essence all I'm claiming is, that silicon valley isn't the center of the it world anymore. It's a natural choice for any it company situated in the us, but not the joker card for any company anywhere.

"You only seems to care about steering and you did insult American on how you said it you cunning Dane." The insult was intentional mate. And meant honestly. I don't care about 'steering' (what we call handling outside the us). I mentioned fuel economy and other things too.

"It's not fair to compare US vs Europe when europe has many more nerds,lol." I may want to point out that a nerd is merely a person with a very specailized set of knowledge. Whereby I mean a nerd is more knowledable on a restricted subject. That may or may not impact the persons knowledge of other things. But ultimately in a world like ours, being a nerd is a good thing. You only need to be truely good at one thing to be successful. It's not the middleages anymore, so you don't need to know how to gather food, build a house and educate your young.
So when you say europe has more nerds - well thank you, we knew we were better educated to do one thing good :p
"Hey. AndersSON, this was a competition between Germany and the US, not the US vs. Europe."
Not entirely right nor wrong. The competition is between serveral nations. Those you mention are merely the first ones who are 'done'. And all I did was support europe insted of the us. It may be a shock to you, but outside your own country you americans aren't really all that respected (certain individuals are, but not the country as a whole).

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
the US and German overclocking scores were downright impressive. How a douche from Denmark could turn this into an anti-american bash is beyond me. Yes, we might not be respected or appreciated around the world as I would like, but who is? Denmark? yeah, go print another Mohammed cartoon and cower to Islamists and let us do the heavy lifting. Denmark is good for whores, flowers and letting panzers roll unimpeded through the countryside on their way to a more important country.

aciaman

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2007
"well thank you, we knew we were better educated to do one thing good"
First of all your making "Europe" cough Denmark sound so ejucated doesn't make you intellegent by insulting Americans by generalizing. That is a trait of ignorance so your words speak for you and your so called highest living standards. Wouldn't you think people from countrys with the highest living standards would be objective unbiased and uninsalting? I know because you wouldn't be. Honeslty, I don't have problems with Denamrk or lets just say "Scandinavia" but you really come out arrogant and ignorant with what you have said. I've never seen for example a swedish person say such things. Swedish just keep giving Americans millions in Noble prizes. OHH we are so unejuacted when we have some of the best schools in the world and theres always a noble prize that goes to an American. In conclusion we are still one of the best tweakers/overclockers in competitions and lets just be fair about this Denmark wasn't even mentioned.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]japps2[/nom]the US and German overclocking scores were downright impressive. How a douche from Denmark could turn this into an anti-american bash is beyond me. Yes, we might not be respected or appreciated around the world as I would like, but who is? Denmark? yeah, go print another Mohammed cartoon and cower to Islamists and let us do the heavy lifting. Denmark is good for whores, flowers and letting panzers roll unimpeded through the countryside on their way to a more important country.[/citation]
Don't feel like explaining this all over again, but I didn't start it. Go see the first post. That's where it started.
Anyway. You don't have to agree with me. I'd be surprised if someone as ignorant as you would to be honest.
[citation][nom]aciaman[/nom]"well thank you, we knew we were better educated to do one thing good"First of all your making "Europe" cough Denmark sound so ejucated doesn't make you intellegent by insulting Americans by generalizing. That is a trait of ignorance so your words speak for you and your so called highest living standards. Wouldn't you think people from countrys with the highest living standards would be objective unbiased and uninsalting? I know because you wouldn't be. Honeslty, I don't have problems with Denamrk or lets just say "Scandinavia" but you really come out arrogant and ignorant with what you have said. I've never seen for example a swedish person say such things. Swedish just keep giving Americans millions in Noble prizes. OHH we are so unejuacted when we have some of the best schools in the world and theres always a noble prize that goes to an American. In conclusion we are still one of the best tweakers/overclockers in competitions and lets just be fair about this Denmark wasn't even mentioned.[/citation]
You actually do prove my point. Unwillingly ofcourse. I don't have anything against americans in general. I just don't regard you as superior. That in itself may be considered an insult if you're arrogant enough to think you are superior in the first place (generalization).
Now I won't go to the nobel prize topic you picked, as I know ain't competent in that department.

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
really? because after a post of "usa all the way" you posted:

"Naa - europe for the win! takes technological understanding to tweak technology well .. something you ami's dont have - just look at your cars and their cornering (dis)abilities..."

So I read the fist post and thought ok...they guy just didn't read the article or get the point. Then I read you post and thought what a dickhead. Doesn't matter what country you're from. you still are just a troll. Every one of your posts here offers no useful information about this article. Even my fist post had 1 line about how impressive both teams were and the overclocking results. You are just sad example of the abortion hanger missing the mark years ago.

G

Neiroatopelcc, seriously? Look at the posts yourself. You're the one who started this flame war by bringing up context of irrelevance (ie. cars) and bashing the US in response to a post that just said, "Go USA". So much for the "advancement" in education in Denmark. Stop embarrassing yourself by making it seem like someone else's fault for letting loose your rant.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
@japps2 : True, I didn't provide any useful response to the topic itself. But then that wasn't my aim anyway. I merely disagree with the eggrenade dude and took it from there. For you that ofcourse isn't relevant, cause you only care about the oc contest itself. Possibly unable to see the bigger picture.

@ ccgame : Seriously. I do look at the posts myself, and I don't feel the least embarrassed by having an opinion. One that quite obviously differs from yours, if you even have one. I didn't start a flamewar. I responded to a post, and that triggered a debate. Granted the dude responding didn't really know what he was talking about, but I merely replied to those claims. Yes I involved cars, which you find irrelevant to the matter. But I don't. I prefer only to talk about topics I actually am knowledgable in, and those happen to involve cars, computers and to some extend industrial countries qualities and their mentality. That is why I brought up cars. Plus they're a good starting place if I am to prove the technological inferiority. It would've been rather stupid to talk about the mars rover or dod operations in this regard, as those are some of the few areas where your nation is actually good.
As for your lack of understanding, I suppose I can see your point in our 'educational advancement' as nill. But what else is to be expect as conclusion, if you don't understand my posts in the first place?

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
no, my interest is not limited to just the oc contest. My foremost interest lies in geopolitics and technology in general. I would love a good debate on EU vs the US...however, none of your posts were offering up a discussion. You simply insult. Not to mention I don't think this is the proper forum to bash other countries. Makes you just another troll.

So what was you "point" in your posts? That the us car industry lags behind? ok, I wouldn't argue that...I live here and own 3 Hondas. That our technology industry sold out to asia, israel and india? Yeah...most of my friends work at intel...just down the street from me and I know where most of the tech comes from. That most of the manufacturing jobs have left overseas in search of cheap labor? WTF is your point?

the thing you are missing is that we are a free country to the point that if someone wants to move their manufacturing/technology base to china...so be it...we don't stop them. I don't like it, but the government doesn't interfere. So the bulk of people here don't like not having a manufacturing base. However, people here aren't arrogant Americans. Sometimes our government does things that come off as rouge, but you aren't bashing the government...you're bashing ordinary people. I can tell you that most people here don't think about Europe. I can tell you that mosts Europeans think far more about Americans and the US policy than we think about you. Yeah, we don't understand most things foriegn. And through all my travels in Europe and exchange students I have hosted, I have never met a single European who understands or empathizes with americans. And I can accuse Brussels of being arrogant every bit as much as you accuse Americans of being.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
"however, none of your posts were offering up a discussion. You simply insult. Not to mention I don't think this is the proper forum to bash other countries. Makes you just another troll."
My posts primarily aims at disproving claims made in other posts. That you may regard as an insult, but it wasn't intended as such. And no, this probably isn't the proper forum for such debate, but it is what you make it. It could be the right forum.

"but you aren't bashing the government...you're bashing ordinary people." The people choose the goverment, not the other way around. I'm aware that it's sometimes hard to see beforehand what the outcome will be, but at least with the reelection of bush it was clear, that those who went voting surely weren't those who should've been eligible for such task. Appearently your country's gotten smarter though, so I ain't going to bash your goverment until obama does something really stupid. And so far I have no reason to expect that to happen.

"mosts Europeans think far more about Americans and the US policy than we think about you."
Very much true. But there are reasons for that. The major difference between europe and the usa is, that europe doesn't try to be king of the world. Most likely because we can't, but still. We don't bomb a desert and then go looking for weapons there, just because there's oil in the area. Europe has done a lot of stupid things with regards to microsoft fines and the like, but we haven't killed anyone yet. You guys have two active wars. Only one of which europe takes part in.
Anyway, before you notice that Denmark's got 20k soldiers in iraq I'll better wrap it up.

ford

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2008
.... Also don't be so ignorant, Silicon valley is the hub of tech still. Google which im sure is Denmarks top search engine.... Im am not saying all tech is from US but it is mostly designed in Silicon Valley but manufactured in China or Tiawan......

first off all The original bases of Google where made in Europ in The Netherland. A little group of about 5-10 dutch students of programming, made google as a school project a lot of year ago.
then they sold it to some one in the US.

about the cars. every continent has his good cars and his bad cars. for me as long as it drives and is not breaking down (like french cars do) it will be good enough for me. I have driven big US v12's and super powerfull 4 in line EU cars and japanese cars.

now lets stop with the flaming. and go back to the benchmarks couse they are really impressive 5.8 ghz holy sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.