Question Overclocking amd ryzen 5 3400g freezes pc and i lose LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

blightedmindset

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
Im trying to run a running a ryzen 5 3400g clocked at 4.2ghz.

EDIT: I am using 1.35 volts now as it seems safer, but it still not working....

• All drivers are up to date, including motherboard drivers and iGPU/CPU drivers
  • I ran an overclock test at 4.2ghz for 10 minutes and never went past 75 degrees F
My Motherboard is an Asus b450m-a with default bios.

Last edited:

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
What is your RAM kit? What are the specs and voltage. 1.45v is not right my friend, however please give me info. What make and model and what are the stock timings and stock voltage of the kit? 😏

blightedmindset

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
What is your RAM kit? What are the specs and voltage. 1.45v is not right my friend, however please give me info. What make and model and what are the stock timings and stock voltage of the kit? 😏
Corsair vengeance lpx c16 3200mhz. We all know it isnt clocked at 3200mhz out of the box though, thats the issue here, overclocking the ram crashes my entire setup. I dont know the specs and voltage but its all set to AUTO right now.

EDIT: 1.45v is stock for ryzen 5 3400g. Ive looked it up and others say its fine

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Let me add i ran an overclock test at 4.2ghz for 10 minutes and never went past 75 degrees F
So im assuming the ram is the issue considering right when i disable D.O.C.C and set ram to AUTO it works.
What you can try to do is input in the timings manually. Find your RAM Kit box it should say the timings and voltage. Set it manually I understand its CL16 but what about the other timings. It might be setting them to low. So adjust the RAM timings and voltage manually as to what the Vengeance kit says and hit me back. Also forget D.O.C.C and other tweaks. I know for fact when this happens on a Ryzen system the timings are set automatically and are set very low so your at 2133Mhz ,, so you need to loosten them to the stock timings and voltage of what the RAM says. 😏

blightedmindset

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
Title has been changed. But its actually the CPU crashing the OC setup after doing some testing. D.O.C.C is enabled as required to get the 3200mhz dual channel speeds. But right when you change the ghz on the processor it all goes downhill. I think its something related to voltage, but i have my system voltage manually set to 1.35-1.40 and it still crashes when overclocking the ghz

blightedmindset

Prominent
Apr 15, 2019
@blightedmindset we do not delete threads with answers. Add any additional info to this thread or edit the top post. Stop trying to create new posts for the same question.
You should have messaged me instead of posting on my forum. I have requested this to be deleted because why would i want old content here if the issue might be different? I have NEVER been on a forum where you edit your post instead of posting a new post with relevant information. I will be leaving this community. And none of these were working answers by the way. Hundreds of people have looked here and only 1 or 2 replied. I understand you must be patient for answers, but none of these are good answers. Great moderator skills, messaging members publicly on their forums is not the way to go, you message them, not post irrelevant information for a topic you wont even delete. I am leaving this forum and im sure you would be happy im doing so. All of this explains why your forum is plagued with hundreds if not thousands of unanswered post because you wont let people repost their threads with relevant information. They have to edit the title and then hope that somebody comes back that might have known the answer before hand. We shouldnt have to wait 2 weeks to bump a thread, thats honestly ridiculous coming from an active forum member on many different communites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS