[SOLVED] Overclocking CPU Extention - CPU outside of motherboard

Dec 21, 2018
Every time I watch a video about liquid nitrogen overclocking they always talk about how the motherboard gets frosty and could damage the board.

So I was thinking isn't it possible to make a extension unit for the CPU and have it like 15 cm away from the motherboard.

Using a dummy CPU on a PCB with the same contact pads as the original CPU and breaking it out to wires which goes to another PCB with a CPU socket which holds the actual CPU.

Do you think it will work??? and I was looking for the PCB files with the Intel CPU pads.

Solution
Changing wire (trace) length is a very big deal. BTX motherboard were created just to get shorter traces to the chipset by turning the whole CPU socket 45*.
A step in the wrong direction. Putting the whole PC inside an icebox to condense (freeze) the moisture out of the air, or submerging it in oil to escape the moisture in the air are 2 approaches that do work.
LoL, very, very, very hard to do, and then yet you risk condesation again, cause you need to cool down the cpu as well as motherboard, if that was possible , everyone would do it.
Do you know how impossible is to wire up 775 contact pads? Imagine 2011 of them!

Im not saying that nobody tried that but the contact pads are soo tiny that it would take you a long time to do , and also what if the tiny wires arent isolated and they short?

Changing wire (trace) length is a very big deal. BTX motherboard were created just to get shorter traces to the chipset by turning the whole CPU socket 45*.
A step in the wrong direction. Putting the whole PC inside an icebox to condense (freeze) the moisture out of the air, or submerging it in oil to escape the moisture in the air are 2 approaches that do work.

Solution
Dec 21, 2018

something like the LGA1151 had 1151 contacts but a lot of those are duplicates so we might be able to get away with using lesser amounts of wires
https://eteknix-eteknixltd.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Coffeelake-LGA1151-Pinout-1.jpg