Question Overclocking CPU Memory

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Hello. If my unlocked CPU only supports up to 2666 mhz ram, can I overclock that limit from the bios so that 3000 mHz ram won't be underclocked to 2666 mhz by the cpu? If so, how can I do that?

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
Then I think you need to reevaluate your PSU budget. The PSU I linked above would still be enough in theory, I'd get something like this: https://www.cel.ro/surse/sursa-modulara-corsair-cx-m-series-cx650m-650w-neagra-pMyU2MjAq-l/
Okay so I have done some research and I made this
https://m.cel.ro/wish/&wid=81820

Don't really wanna spend that much on the psu you suggested because I wanna maybe get 8 more gb of ram
Is this one ok? Is the cooler ok too? I'm not gonna get to 5ghz like this but maybe 4,5-4,6?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
An extra ~100 lei is less than 2% of your total build cost. It's your call, but no one on this forum is going to recommend cutting corners with your PSU, which is what powers (and protects) the 5000 lei worth of other components you have.

The be quiet! you've chosen isn't bad, but in general is lower quality and uses some inferior components compared to the one I linked.

Yes, I recommend get 2x8 GB of RAM. I would guess that cooler should be OK for ~4.5 GHz. Your motherboard may also be a limiting factor if/when you want to try for 5 GHz.

Corgoi

Great
Apr 12, 2019
T
An extra ~100 lei is less than 2% of your total build cost. It's your call, but no one on this forum is going to recommend cutting corners with your PSU, which is what powers (and protects) the 5000 lei worth of other components you have.

The be quiet! you've chosen isn't bad, but in general is lower quality and uses some inferior components compared to the one I linked.

Yes, I recommend get 2x8 GB of RAM. I would guess that cooler should be OK for ~4.5 GHz. Your motherboard may also be a limiting factor if/when you want to try for 5 GHz.
Thank you so much for the help man. I'm gonna take your advice and get the Corsair. Have a good night!

Reactions: TJ Hooker