[SOLVED] Overclocking CPU?

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
I've been thinking about overclocking my CPU for a long time now. I don't even know if I can or not. But if it is possible..... how. I have a Intel Core i7-7700, (NOT THE 7700K). And I have been wondering if I can overclock it, If I can, ill obviously upgrade the cooler to a Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B. I have had questions like, does my motherboard support overclocking? I am not much of a PC guy, like, I can build one but I dont know deep down into the very specifics. If you can help me, I would greatly appreciate it and maybe ill slide in a thumbs up and mark as best answer ;);). Thanks!

My build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pXwrL2

Solution
The H110 is a non overclocking motherboard, even if you had a Z170 or Z270 the 7700 has a locked multiplier so you'd have to oc the bclk to get a higher frequency past the turbo speed and may not get much there.
In short not going to be able to OC with just a cooler upgrade.

bignastyid

Titan
The H110 is a non overclocking motherboard, even if you had a Z170 or Z270 the 7700 has a locked multiplier so you'd have to oc the bclk to get a higher frequency past the turbo speed and may not get much there.

Solution

Quickless

Reputable
Nov 10, 2019
Is there another way to boost the performance of my cpu?