Question Overclocking DDR4 Ram: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB

Sep 6, 2020
I wanted to share my first manual memory overclock with G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB. I wanted to do it just for fun to see what I could squeeze out of it. Original XMP profile was 3200mhz at CL 16 & 1.35V with a latency bench of ~52ns. My final overclock before I ran out of time and the one that had successfully done 4 passes on MEMTEST86 was running at 3600 mhz at TRCL 17, TRCD 20, TRP 20, TRAS 43, & 1.4 V with a bench of 47.5 ns. I had my TRAS on auto and it defaulted to 43 so I kept it there, not sure if I tightened my ram latencies correctly but seems very stable. I know generally your suppose to start decreasing TRCL and TRP by 1, test, then decrease TCRD by 1, test. Keep repeating these steps till unstable, then backtrack to stable. Then tighten TRAS starting with the sum of all three and going down with each test. I really did not know how to adjust voltages properly so I looked up other overclocking tests and rounded up as long as it was below 1.5 V. Please let me know if you have any tips or pointers or critiques.

Edit:
Right I’m system I’m running on is:
Intel i7 10700
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi
Nocuta NH-D15
And ample amounts system fans

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2020
So my type for memory manufacturer comes up as 04CD for manufacturer when I go to cmd line. Do you know what type G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200, Part NO: F4-3200C16-8GTRG?

What processor should I put for Intel i7 10700?

Edit: Don’t trust benzhaomin B-die finder!!! Backchecked the numbers on my ram and it is most definitely Samsung C-die. Also found a nice guide along the way. To look for B-die go for 3200+ or 3200 with CL 14, but I also heard they are really hard to find/extinct??

Also just gonna pat myself on the back. Hot diggity I looked up overclocking sites and I have a good latency for Samsung C-die.

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHelper/blob/master/DDR4 OC Guide.md#miscellaneous-tips

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS