Overclocking E8500 Help

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jaydude

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

I got him to take a look at it, He said it was fine. My brother has been a computer freak for 10 years "thats where i got my interest in computers" He basically taught himself through trial and error as did i, The only reason he didnt want to do it for me was because he is lazy and doesnt like doing anything unless it benefits him lol :) But he is a wizz with pc's and has fixed my computer from the brink of death numerous times :)

I might run prime 95 tonight and see how it goes "Might as well get it over and done with"

I'm most likely not going to keep my pc overclocked all the time "like in summer" at least till i get some better cooling and ventilation in my case :)

Gixbit

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Well, I just finished finding out if my system was stable only to find my memory isn't running at the rated speeds as you might notice if you view my signature. I'm going to post at gskill now and ask for a detailed list of specs assuming I can get them seeing as how this motherboard has a lot of options for everything including ram.

There's no 'might run prime95' you MUST run prime95. Data loss isn't really something I overly care about seeing as how if I was doing any sensitive data stuff, I wouldn't be leaving an unstable overclock on the go while I do something like that. If my windows installation gets corrupted, I'm not going to cry. I'm going to fix it.

Good luck though, with your overclock. There's more important things than obsessing about how well crysis works on your pc. Just overclock for the shear fact that it increases your gaming performance overall. So games that aren't crysis will automatically run better than crysis. Seeing as how that game is way ahead of it's time. Sorta like Doom 3 when that came out. It's not even that... good... Hate me for saying that but, it's just another FPS shooter with way too good graphics and some wacked out war of the worlds storyline with extremely linear gameplay with strategy and some suit functions that are almost pointless. Keyword "Almost".

This is the 2nd post about Crysis I've seen and overclocking. Isn't this a good sign that is no way to run crysis perfectly?

EDIT:
costyoursoulplix.jpg

jaydude

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009

I'm not really into Crysis much anymore i only use it for benchmarking now "I prefer Mercenaries 2 or something like that".
I decided i would put my cpu back to stock clocks for now "I dont really need that much extra power at the moment, Maybe when some better games come out" :) But atleast now i have the confidence to actually do it thanks to everyone here "carefully of coarse" :)

I will also be sure to run prime 95 when i do overclock again, I suppose you can never be to careful :)