[SOLVED] Overclocking Failed Error.

Nov 17, 2018
My Specs :
Motherboard : ASUS x99a
GPU : GTX 980TI
CPU : I7 5820k
RAM : 32Gig Total Hyperx Fury 2133 (8 gig sticks x4)
Storage : Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB
WD Black 2TB HDD

Disc : So when I play a game, after a while it would start to lag first, then it will freeze along with any other applications. The applications are unresponsive (Dosnt say unresponsive) and the only thing i can do is move apps around in my taskbar (They stay in place and dont move back to the left). After hard shutdown it will say overclicking failed and force me into BIOS (My hardware were not overclocked and all their settings were set to auto because i dont understand wattage too well). After a couple tries of restarting it will let me back into windows again but the same error would occur if i start playing another game. Ive tried windows resetting (Not factory reset) but it dosnt do anything (I would like to refrain from factory resetting).

Nov 17, 2018

That dosnt work, that was what i was doing to get into windows after the crash. Dosnt do anything else.

Nov 17, 2018
Ok, I think the problem was that I wasnt giving my CPU enough wattage when hitting it with a load. Ive OCed it to 4.1Ghz and incresed the wattage from 1.04 to 1.1875. Ive stress tested it to the best of my extent with a half dead kraken x61 and a bit of prime 95 so i think its stable... If anything arises I will notify.