Question overclocking failed message only when start up or restarting pc

May 27, 2019
Hello.2 months ago i bought my self a new pair of ram sticks 16gb corsair vengeance lpx cl15 ,3000mhz ,1.35v. Everything worked fine after i overclock them to 2933mhz on an asus prime 320m-k mobo but 2 days ago a problem started to happen. When i start up my pc it starts for a sec then turn off again then start again but this time it takes more to boot them i get this error "overclocking failed press f1 to re-setup".i don't know what to do here , everything worked fine for month now is not.

Agash

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
Your memory seems to be unstable. Sure, it may have been fine during those two months, but you most likely didn't stress test or memtest to see if it was long term stable. Have you tried memtest? For the time being, go down to stock memory settings.

May 27, 2019
I did tried memtest today, i let it run like 5 lops and no error appeared. Another thing that i did was to raise dram voltage to 1.4 and it worked,is that voltage a problem? , i will try tomorrow morning to see if it still works without any errors .but i don't get it if it was unstable shouldn't my games crash or something?

Agash

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
Getting overclock long term stable is tricky. Sometimes you may play a game and it doesn't crash while you end up crashing on the desktop. If raising voltage up to 1.4 helped, then it most likely seems like an unstable OC. When I OC my memory to 2133 MHz DDR3 from 1600, desktop would crash but games wouldn't. Had to back down to 1866 or raise voltage.