Question Overclocking failed message with never overclocking de PC. How is it possible?

cfsardinha27

Commendable
Aug 27, 2017
Hi everybody. I have an asus crosshair VI hero motherboard with AMD ryzen 5 1600 six-core, 8gb ram and radeon rx 470. I just assembled everything and started using with win 10. But eventually I started to receive this message in the boot:

Overclocking failed! Please enter setuop to re-configure your system. Press f1 to run setup.

The only way to get to windows is pressing f1. Then I have nothing to do in setup, sou I press f10 to save no changes and the windows starts normally. I was getting used to receive this message once a day, but now my system started to reboot itself. I don't know if there is any connection. Can someone help me how to stop this message to happen?

Jay_dog

Prominent
Apr 14, 2020
Re-seat your CPU.
Make sure your cooler is properly seated.
Make sure you have the ample amount of thermal paste.
Make sure all your PSU cables are connected properly and securely.
Reset the CMOS.

What PSU?

cfsardinha27

Commendable
Aug 27, 2017
Everything is properly connected. I work with computers for a long time. My PSU is a C3 Tech model GPB-450S V2. I received some itens as a gift for my blog to test and the motherboard and the processor was, probably, not new. I believe it was used and configured to overclock before come to me for testing... i don't know. I reset to factory, but still giving me the message of overclocking. I'm sending here a picture of the inside the computer to show how it is.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QmwWZW7W32uMtsZM8 (image os the inside)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS