Overclocking Guide for Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390 Newest BIOS F10 (rel. 10/28/19)?

McLovin_99

Prominent
Dec 14, 2019
pcpartpicker.com
Can anyone please point me to an updated overclocking guide for the newest Gigabyte Z390 F10 bios? There are a number of options missing from this revision and I am trying to overclock the i9-9900ks manually. I’m currently running at 5.1 ghz all cores sustained boost with just a simple tweak of the clock ratio to 51 with MCE on which of course causes unnecessarily high board voltages (up to 1.376) but I can’t get all core sustained turbo boost manually. I’d like to set a lower Vcore manually, but as soon as I try to manipulate the core voltage and turn MCE off, my cores only sustain the 5.1 boost for about 10 to 20 seconds before clocking back down to 5.0. I’ve tried using the prior bios guide but it is not very helpful now given that I am running F10 which is supposedly optimized for the i9-9900ks. CPU temps have not been an issue at all, never exceeding 75c which I think is impressive, but I would nevertheless like to get my voltage down if at all possible to preserve the longevity of the chip. I’m not new to overclocking and I never had this problem on my previous Asus Z370 board. Thank you!

Oh and here is a link to my rig just for reference:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wFQZxr

McLovin_99

Prominent
Dec 14, 2019
pcpartpicker.com
Can anyone please point me to an updated overclocking guide for the newest Gigabyte Z390 F10 bios? There are a number of options missing from this revision and I am trying to overclock the i9-9900ks manually. I’m currently running at 5.1 ghz all cores sustained boost with just a simple tweak of the clock ratio to 51 with MCE on which of course causes unnecessarily high board voltages (up to 1.376) but I can’t get all core sustained turbo boost manually. I’d like to set a lower Vcore manually, but as soon as I try to manipulate the core voltage and turn MCE off, my cores only sustain the 5.1 boost for about 10 to 20 seconds before clocking back down to 5.0. I’ve tried using the prior bios guide but it is not very helpful now given that I am running F10 which is supposedly optimized for the i9-9900ks. CPU temps have not been an issue at all, never exceeding 75c which I think is impressive, but I would nevertheless like to get my voltage down if at all possible to preserve the longevity of the chip. I’m not new to overclocking and I never had this problem on my previous Asus Z370 board. Thank you!

Oh and here is a link to my rig just for reference:

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/wFQZxr
Well I think I solved my own problem. I just left MCE on while disabling all the usual C-States and power saving limits. I’m now at 5.2 GHz stable on all cores with a voltage of 1.325 and no AVX offset.

McLovin_99

Prominent
Dec 14, 2019
pcpartpicker.com
Well I think I solved my own problem. I just left MCE on while disabling all the usual C-States and power saving limits. I’m now at 5.2 GHz stable on all cores with a voltage of 1.325 and no AVX offset.
I’m now up to a 5.3 ghz overclock on all cores at 1.340V and no AVX offset. Just keep MCE on and turn pretty much everything else off in C states and power saving settings.

McLovin_99

Prominent
Dec 14, 2019
pcpartpicker.com
Hi! I am still stable at those settings and temps haven’t really gone up, although I haven’t been taxing my system as hard as I was before with my flight sim. I’ve still been playing a lot of FPS games on high or ultra settings and haven’t had any crashes.

I did notice that I don’t have as much headroom to overclock my ram since I’m so overclocked on my CPU.

I hope that helps!