Overclocking Guide for Sabertooth X99 needed

drekoll

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
First time at trying to overclock a CPU, have looked extensively for a guide for the X99 Sabertooth but not having much success. This is primarily a gaming rig and I admit is a bit on the over kill, but was going a 5 year system.
CPU - 5820k
AIO - Captain 240
MB - Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Mem - G.Skill Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
PS - EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
GPU - GeForce GTX 770 ( later update will be to 980ti x2 SLI)
I appreciate any help you can offer.

What kind of OC are you looking for? Your Sabertooth settings are probably similar to my X99 Deluxe. Have you read over the Overclocking Guides on these forums? Haswell/X99 is more complicated(seemed that way to me) than previous generation CPUs for overclocking. Are you planning to OC the Uncore as well? Adaptive or Manual Voltage? Plan on using your XMP/3000 Memory settings? Voltage your safe with?

drekoll

Reputable
Aug 15, 2015
Would like to get to 4.5 but 4.0 would be fine for now, this is my first OC comp. Have had a view at the forums and been looking at youtube but finding a lot of differences in the bios from each manufacturer that don't seem to match up to my Sabertooth. Had to look up the Uncore on youtube - Tech Yes City, never knew of that option.. yes Im a noob ;)

TRENDING THREADS