Overclocking Hardware Upgrades...

miketen587

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Let me preface this by saying I am fairly new to PC building. I have gained quite a bit of knowledge over the past few months, but still lack understanding in some areas so the simpler you can make your respone the better.

Anyway, last week I built my new PC and I went into it with the intention of overclocking sometime down the road. SO what I've come here to ask, is what hardware I need to upgrade if anything, to safely overclock.

My build:
MB: Asus P8Z77-V LX
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
GPU: GTX 560 Ti
PSU: Coolmaster Extreme Power Plus 700W ATX
Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I ATX Mid Tower
RAM: 8GB
120 GB SSD, 2 250GB HDD

I'm almost certain that I will need to upgrade the cooling system in my case, seeing as it only has one 120 mm fan. Beyond that, I'm not really sure where to start.

Any suggestions?

Solution
Aftermarket cpu cooler like a 212 evo and some fans for the top of your case to pull heat off the VRM section of the MB. The VRM section of your MB is not that robust and has no heat sinks, so I wouldn't push voltage too far.

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
Aftermarket cpu cooler like a 212 evo and some fans for the top of your case to pull heat off the VRM section of the MB. The VRM section of your MB is not that robust and has no heat sinks, so I wouldn't push voltage too far.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS