Overclocking help please

judewilliams22

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Hey its been a while. I've got my gaming pc up and running since and its amazing but I want to overclock either using bios or preferably nzxt software cam as I have the installed for my kraken. I want to overclock the cpu a small bit and maybe the gpu. What temps are safe. For example under idle load when your browsing the internet what should you get and when your gaming intensly what temps should you get. Just give me an overclocking guide please. Build list here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PhLWfH

Solution
*Shrug* you said "Just give me an overclocking guide please" and they were trivially easy to find. Both guides contain answers to your question of safe temps under load (temps at idle/browsing don't really matter, unless you're trying to figure out if your cooler and/paste have been applied correctly).

Regarding CPU overclocking, you should do that in the BIOS not with nzxt software or whatever. GPU overclocking can be done with whatever software utility you prefer, MSI afterburner is probably the most popular.

judewilliams22

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

wow lol no need to be sarcastic I new that but I want extra help from the experts

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
*Shrug* you said "Just give me an overclocking guide please" and they were trivially easy to find. Both guides contain answers to your question of safe temps under load (temps at idle/browsing don't really matter, unless you're trying to figure out if your cooler and/paste have been applied correctly).

Regarding CPU overclocking, you should do that in the BIOS not with nzxt software or whatever. GPU overclocking can be done with whatever software utility you prefer, MSI afterburner is probably the most popular.

Solution

judewilliams22

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

ok I have 1 msi app something like dragon dashboard or something to overclock gpu I think