[SOLVED] Overclocking i7 3770 non k

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018
My motherboard : z77 d3h rev 1.2

So where to start i entered the bios but i can't edit anything cpu ratio turbo ratio or anything on this motherboard is there a problem with the motherboard?
Because i heard that the i7 3770 can be overclocked +400 mhz over the boost

Solution
You have a locked cpu. That means the bios will not allow overclocking as such, no ram OC, no cpu OC etc.

What you refer to is not OC. The 3rd gen allow you to bump the turbo speeds max 400MHz. That's not setting or changing the multiplier, like a standard OC, you have to go to another tab and look for the turbo ratio settings per core. It's those that can be raised. Otherwise the 3770 acts just like any other locked bios cpu.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You have a locked cpu. That means the bios will not allow overclocking as such, no ram OC, no cpu OC etc.

What you refer to is not OC. The 3rd gen allow you to bump the turbo speeds max 400MHz. That's not setting or changing the multiplier, like a standard OC, you have to go to another tab and look for the turbo ratio settings per core. It's those that can be raised. Otherwise the 3770 acts just like any other locked bios cpu.

Solution

thekillerx10

Honorable
Apr 12, 2018

yea i have looked into the turbo ratio and no everything is on auto and i can't change it