goorioles747

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
i have vista 5365 and want to overclock my ati radeon 9550. I tried ati tool and riva tuner and neither support vista. any suggestions?

falsterbo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
i have vista 5365 and want to overclock my ati radeon 9550. I tried ati tool and riva tuner and neither support vista. any suggestions?

Why run Vista when it is not complete?
Why try to clock such a bad card?

G

Bail on vista

I once installed a xp beta version. left it on my system for about 10mins.

It is never a good idea to use microsoft betas...

G

It is never a good idea to use microsoft betas...

You didn't need the word "betas" there at the end

Yup right. Windoze made me do it. :)

goorioles747

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
hey, vista 5365 actually runs great and keaves my xp partition fully functional. so, please actually help me instead of telling me not to get visa betas. Also, i tried ati tray and it seemed to work. I am assuming it stays overclocked even when you close the program. is that true?

linux_0

Splendid
hey, vista 5365 actually runs great and keaves my xp partition fully functional. so, please actually help me instead of telling me not to get visa betas. Also, i tried ati tray and it seemed to work. I am assuming it stays overclocked even when you close the program. is that true?

Have you tried Mac OS X, Solaris, BSD or Linux? :wink:

piskeante

Distinguished
May 27, 2004
Ati Tool is the best program to overclock ati cards. But yours is really a bad card. Because i had it in the past. May be you will be able to hit 300 mhz core from 250mhz stock. If you are lucky enough, your ram chips will be samsumg. may be 230mhz out of it. This will give you 60mhz more than stock. Don´t expect more. If you don´t have samsung, like me, 215 will be the maximum to expect.Not really interesting to oc that card. Even if you clock, games will run to slow in 1024.

Primitivus

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Indeed, especially if you're a gamer. I use both PC's and Macs and even though OSX is not the "be all and end all" operating system some people would have you believe, it is significantly safer, more stable, more intuitive, smarter and therefore better than Windows

goorioles747

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
when the new "power mac pros come out, i will probably get one of those, and if it has 4 pci-e slots, that would be pretty sick. but this is what i have no so im going to make the best of it while i can.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Mac OSX is great. Not 'the be all and end all', but it does everything the average Windows user needs but without spyware, viruses, crashes...... (and don't call me a fanboy, if you call someone who has PCs in a 5:1 ratio to Macs a Mac fanboy, you're an idiot)

Anyway, not the point.

Vista isn't remotely stable anyway, why would you want to ruin it further by overclocking, especially seeing as your card isn't good enough to run Vista smoothly anyway.

goorioles747

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Mac OSX is great. Not 'the be all and end all', but it does everything the average Windows user needs but without spyware, viruses, crashes...... (and don't call me a fanboy, if you call someone who has PCs in a 5:1 ratio to Macs a Mac fanboy, you're an idiot)

Anyway, not the point.

Vista isn't remotely stable anyway, why would you want to ruin it further by overclocking, especially seeing as your card isn't good enough to run Vista smoothly anyway.

i bet you have never even used vista, so you probably dont even know what you are talking about. And, anyway i was able to overclick my video card using powerstrip and it works fine.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
The closest thing I've used to your card under Vista was a 9200 64mb, and that was waaaay waaaaay slow. MS states bare minimum DX9 64mb card.

Vista is very unreliable in my experience, although why I'm offering you that experience is beyond me, as you're an @ss.

nagoogin

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
First off dont even post if you are gonna bash the guy and what he is doing. A lot of people install vista for fun. I am not sure what graphics cards are "compatible" with vista, but i think you can bios mod or maybe even softmod your 9550 to a 9600 or 9700 i forgot which one :p I would overclock your graphics card in windows xp before applying a new bios. I dont know what build they are at in Vista but I would try the latest build if you dont already have it :p

goorioles747

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
my video card is overclocked in xp using ati tool. but that doesnt work in vista , so i got powerstrip and it works fine. Also, may i mention again that (yes as nagoogin said, i got it for fun) and that it runs "swimmingly" on my 9550, i even played source on it, although it ran at 30 fps instead of close to 90, yes i run source at medium-high settings (1024x768) at 90 fps in xp.