Question Overclocking integrated graphics

Feb 19, 2023
I know this will probably be considered a stupid question, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to overclock my laptop's uhd 620 graphics, even a little bit. I know the dangers of overclocking, and I know that it wouldn't be that much of an improvement, because the graphics are very slow, even overclocked. I'm just wondering that because it's not even hitting the 1100 MHz it's rated for, and exports with premiere pro take hours. I'm only asking because I've never overclocked anything before, and the temperature stays locked in at 68 degrees, so I do have a bit of thermal headroom.

For reference:

Lenovo Flex 14

i5-8265u

UHD 620 graphics

20gb 2666mhz ram (no v-ram)

1tb ssd

I'm wondering if it would be possible to overclock my laptop's uhd 620 graphics, even a little bit.
I know the dangers of overclocking, and I know that it wouldn't be that much of an improvement, because the graphics are very slow, even overclocked.
temperature stays locked in at 68 degrees, so I do have a bit of thermal headroom.
You have basically answered it yourself.
If you burn out integrated graphics with excessive OC, entire laptop is dead and has to be replaced.
Not worth it.

And no - ultra thin laptops like Lenovo Flex 14 have zero headroom for overclocking.

DSzymborski

Titan
On a laptop, especially one especially made to be thin and light, the thermal solutions are carefully planned enough that any unexpected overclocking can cause a problem very quickly and possibly not one that will be picked up by CPU temperature.

There is zero good reason to do this. There's just about no chance that you could safely overclock this -- if it is even possible on your laptop -- by an amount that would have any actual noticeable impact (except placebo effect).

It's just a terrible idea that should be dropped immediately. If you still want to do it, I cannot ethically provide any additional assistance.