Overclocking Intel Pentium Dual Cpu e2140

Monster4Market

Reputable
Apr 3, 2014
As the topic says everything I wanna Overclock my CPU "Intel Pentium Dual Cpu e2140" As I am new and I don't wanna kill my CPU please provide a bestest tutorial by which I can overclock my cpu without damaging it at anycost.Just ask if you guys need any other screenshot.
rAmJyxt.png

0jkF3uk.png

GpACJmY.png

85UpGK4.png

7Orgj1F.png

yLFOlUR.png

Dd4PTch.png

Thank you !

If you don't want to risk damaging the CPU at all, don't overclock it at all. All CPUs take differently to overclocking. For that older CPU, you won't be able to get enough speed to be worth it anyway.

What you can do with the CPU to overclock it depends on the motherboard and BIOS your system is running, as well as how good the CPU cooler is. If you have a standard store bought computer, the BIOS won't have any overclock options, and if it happens to have them, you will want to buy a better cooler which is about the same price as a used faster CPU anyway.

And since you don't want to risk damaging the CPU, you don't want to try overclocking it anyway.

WhiteSnake91

Distinguished
with that low amount of ram and that low end cpu you're better off with even a haswell celeron,etc. Since it's so low end I'm assuming it has a prebuilt power supply too which I wouldn't trust at all for overclocking. What's your GPU?

Then you need a good CPU, not an attempt to overclock a slow old one. If you had something like an E8400 at least you have something half-way good to start on. Plus you don't want any chance of the CPU getting damaged which is impossible to guarantee even for a small overclock that will do nothing to help you. To get to any noticeable speed improvement you need at least a %25 overclock and with that slow CPU that won't get you much at all. Since you have no money on a faster used CPU, means you have no money on a better cooler which is needed if you want to minimize any chances of damage to the CPU.

I'm assuming with that weak CPU you also have a weak video card, which would mean you need to upgrade that as well, and probably the power supply and maybe even the case.

Post your full specs and exactly what games you want to play.

You can check your system here www.systemrequirementslab.com/‎ against the games you like.

This is exactly what I would have said.

Obnoxious

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
I am sorry to say, but everyone's answers are true. Your CPU is poor for gaming, and overclocking it will not achieve much, if anything at all. Your chipset supports Intel Core 2 Quad (C2Q) processors, which are still considered high-end in benchmarks. A new CPU such as a C2Q will allow you to run majority of the games out there. If you are to install the cheapest compatible Core 2 Quad (the Q6600), that would provide you with approximately 35% more processing power (based on benchmarks) over your current CPU. However, even with a new CPU you will need to install a graphics card.

At the moment your graphics are integrated in with your motherboard. In other words, you have no graphics card and you will not be able to play many games, even with a CPU upgrade. You also need to install a graphics card (GPU). With that said, if you perform a CPU and GPU upgrade, you may need to upgrade your PSU (power supply), as a new graphics card may need more power than what your current PSU is permitting.

If you seriously want to play games, I would upgrade your CPU and GPU firstly (which may require a PSU upgrade too). Your RAM isn't too bad, but you may want to look into upgrading that in the future. I am sorry to say, upgrading to play games will be the only way to go, overclocking will not achieve much, sorry.

All the best. :)