[SOLVED] Overclocking laptop

preminger1

Reputable
Aug 26, 2015
Hello. I have a question about overclocking my laptop.. I have ASUS ROG GL503GE (I7-8750H@2.20GHz, GTX 1050Ti, 16gigs dd4 RAM@3000MHz). Is this laptop overclockable, and how do i do it? I've tried doing it over ROG interface which is built in the laptop, but cant find a way to navigate through it.. Best regards..

Solution
theres plenty of reasons not to overclock your laptop but the main 1 is thermals... the cooler in a lappy is built to tolerance for the cpu at stock speeds.
if you could oc it its likely your temps would jump and the cpu would throttle down...
so yeah genrally its not recommended and more often not possible...

mjbn1977

Distinguished
You probably can't overclock the CPU, but you should be able to overclock the GPU with Afterburner.

But its not really a good idea to overclock laptops. The thermals might not handle it. Laptops are built with limited space for cooling and stuff. So they specifically designed around certain thermals and messing with it is not really a good idea. Overclock is really something for well cooled/ventilated desktop computers with special hardware made for overclocking (quality motherboards, specific CPUs with aftermarket coolers, video cards with beefy coolers).

theres plenty of reasons not to overclock your laptop but the main 1 is thermals... the cooler in a lappy is built to tolerance for the cpu at stock speeds.
if you could oc it its likely your temps would jump and the cpu would throttle down...
so yeah genrally its not recommended and more often not possible...

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If you like your laptop, and enjoy gaming at a decent rate, don't bother considering OC. You'll take that 25w and double its heat output. Next stop being thermal throttling, loss of fps, high battery drain, glitches, shutdowns.

All for @5-10fps.