[SOLVED] Overclocking lead to high temperature reaching to 90c or higher when tested on prime95 latest version

Hansaj

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2013
My specs is

Intel Core I5 8600k
Cooler Master Master Liquid 120 CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z370 HD3p motherboard
Corsair vegerence 2400 Mhz 8 GB X 2
Artis VIP Gold 500 (Will be changed shortly)
Circle Gaming Capsule Cabinet
Gigabyte GTX 1050ti 4gb
240 GB SSD Sandisk
1TB hdd Toshiba.

Ambient Room temp is 25C
System running fine on stock speed at upto 40c depending on load
While gaming temp is 55 to 60c

But when try to overclock system boot to desktop and temperature stays around 50C
if i run prime95 temperature reaches to 90c or up.
why?
(Edit)
I am going to upgrade PSU first because I cant trust current PSU.
and current CPU Cooler (Cooler Master Master Liquid 120 CPU Cooler) seems weak for this CPU overclocking.
but I will test overclocking and stability.

Solution
Because you are not supposed to USE the latest version of Prime95 for thermal testing unless you add a note in the local.txt file to exclude the use of AVX instructions.

Use Prime95 version 26.6 and run "Small FFT". Temps will likely be about ten degrees lower.

Prime95 v26.6 is THE primarily accepted way to do the majority of baseline thermal compliance testing running the Small FFT option.

Prime95 Version 26.6 download

Further, you can find extensive information regarding the Intel CPU architectures and specifications at the following link which is a somewhat definitive guide on that subject. The information below is taken directly from conversations with Computronix who is also the author of the Intel...
Because you are not supposed to USE the latest version of Prime95 for thermal testing unless you add a note in the local.txt file to exclude the use of AVX instructions.

Use Prime95 version 26.6 and run "Small FFT". Temps will likely be about ten degrees lower.

Prime95 v26.6 is THE primarily accepted way to do the majority of baseline thermal compliance testing running the Small FFT option.

Prime95 Version 26.6 download

Further, you can find extensive information regarding the Intel CPU architectures and specifications at the following link which is a somewhat definitive guide on that subject. The information below is taken directly from conversations with Computronix who is also the author of the Intel temperature guide, found here:

The Intel temperature guide

All of which is outlined here, and you should take the time to read and understand what is explained before trying any further overclocking or testing.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3761568/cpu-overclocking-guide-tutorial-beginners-work-progress.html

Solution