[SOLVED] Overclocking low end GPU

Sep 9, 2018
Hi guys, I'm asking is it SAFE to overclock my GT 710 2Gb DDR5 card with msi afterburner. I'm only using the core clock and memory clock increasing with +200, no voltage plus. This way I get 5-6 more fps in games (20-21 instead of 15, and now its playable).
The temperature of the card 57-58 C maximum, so no overheating. But overclock can damage my card in other ways?

Solution
Temperatures are good. Running the clock speeds a little faster shouldn't hurt it.

If you have an Intel CPU, the onboard graphics may be faster than the GT710, though they won't have the dedicated VRAM.

Saving up for a replacement shouldn't take that long though. Should be plenty of used cards out there to pick from. Older GTX750, GTX750Ti, GTX 950 should be pretty reasonable. But really almost any GPU that doesn't end in a 10/20 (including AMD) is going to be faster than any overclocked 710.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Temperatures are good. Running the clock speeds a little faster shouldn't hurt it.

If you have an Intel CPU, the onboard graphics may be faster than the GT710, though they won't have the dedicated VRAM.

Saving up for a replacement shouldn't take that long though. Should be plenty of used cards out there to pick from. Older GTX750, GTX750Ti, GTX 950 should be pretty reasonable. But really almost any GPU that doesn't end in a 10/20 (including AMD) is going to be faster than any overclocked 710.

Solution
Sep 9, 2018

No, I have an old Intel Celeron G550, and the GT 710 was the upgrade :D
Now I can play almost every game at 15-25 fps range, but sometimes (for example The Surge) needs some extra power, so I overclock the GPU. I don't have any minimal budget for new card, this was the cheapest solution some months ago. My question is only about the safety of the overclocking process, buying a new card isn't an option. Thanks for your fast reply!