Overclocking Methods

Tim

Is there any way to overclock a Radeon card (9100), without using a utility
like PowerStrip, RivaTuner, etc? Is there a registry setting or a
configuration file somewhere that can do the same thing? I'm using WinXP
Pro. Thanks in advance

Your BIOS may have a AGP overclock facility. hardware solutions are always better :)

Tim wrote:
> Is there any way to overclock a Radeon card (9100), without using a
> utility like PowerStrip, RivaTuner, etc? Is there a registry setting
> or a configuration file somewhere that can do the same thing? I'm
> using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance

peter

use Radclocker
http://users.adelphia.net/~webspace/RadClocker2010.zip
dont be too aggressive with a 9100 - they have poor memory. mine went from
250/200 (128mb version) to
270/225.

"Tim" <argybargy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to overclock a Radeon card (9100), without using a
utility
> like PowerStrip, RivaTuner, etc? Is there a registry setting or a
> configuration file somewhere that can do the same thing? I'm using WinXP
> Pro. Thanks in advance

Tim

"Sham B" <shamb@easynet.co.ukNOSP> wrote in message
> hardware solutions are always better :)

LOL I hear that ;-)

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Peter" <nospamwanted@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> use Radclocker
> http://users.adelphia.net/~webspace/RadClocker2010.zip
> dont be too aggressive with a 9100 - they have poor memory. mine went from
> 250/200 (128mb version) to
> 270/225.

Agreed...I used to have a Sapphire 9100 128Mb and the most I could get out
of it without artifacting or lockup was 273/225. Flogged it on EBay and
picked up an 8500 128Mb which was completely stable at 300/300. Thief Deadly
Shadows brought it to it's knees....9800 Pro now.

Tim

"Peter" <nospamwanted@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> use Radclocker
> http://users.adelphia.net/~webspace/RadClocker2010.zip
> dont be too aggressive with a 9100 - they have poor memory. mine went from
> 250/200 (128mb version) to
> 270/225.

You're right, I just tried it and had the same experience. Not much
headroom before the artifacts appear.

Hoping ATI's "X" series will soon drop the price of their 9800s.