[SOLVED] Overclocking Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethan206

Honorable
Jul 27, 2018
I have a Dell S2319NX monitor that's 1920x1080p running at 60Hz. I used the NVIDIA Control Panel to "overclock" my display from 60Hz to 65Hz (since it would crash/not stable at anything higher than that). There's a slight difference from that extra 5Hz refresh rate especially in games. It's not a lot but I want to keep it t 65Hz, but am also curious for the long-term effects. I know this will probably shorten the life of my monitor, but by how much? I've been using it for a year at 60Hz and if I now jump to 65Hz, how badly will it shorten the lifespan of my monitor, or are there going to be any other side effects or downsides to OC'ing a monitor? (I am using a NVIDIA GTX 670 as my GPU if that helps)

Solution
I have a Dell S2319NX monitor that's 1920x1080p running at 60Hz. I used the NVIDIA Control Panel to "overclock" my display from 60Hz to 65Hz (since it would crash/not stable at anything higher than that). There's a slight difference from that extra 5Hz refresh rate especially in games. It's not a lot but I want to keep it t 65Hz, but am also curious for the long-term effects. I know this will probably shorten the life of my monitor, but by how much? I've been using it for a year at 60Hz and if I now jump to 65Hz, how badly will it shorten the lifespan of my monitor, or are there going to be any other side effects or downsides to OC'ing a monitor? (I am using a NVIDIA GTX 670 as my GPU if that helps)
There's no way to quantify...
There's no way to quantify that, you'll find out when it dies. I doubt that 5Hz would do anything to it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.