Question Overclocking Motherboard, CPU & GPU.

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I heard that Motherboards can be overclocked, (I might have misunderstood).... so I was wondering if so... does that be done first before CPU and GPUs are overclocked? Or is the board just used to overclock the CPU/GPU?

I know if you overclock your CPU & GPU to get a boost in performance with them... What would overclocking the Motherboard give you?

... and about overclocking in general.... When I play my game of choice, the CPU sits at 55 degrees... and the GPU sits at mid 60's for the outer temperatures and mid/high 80's for inner temps. This means I can "boost" the CPU (and possibly the GPU) a little more?

FYI.

I have "AMD Radeon Software" installed and "Ryzen Master" too. Both are "safe" to try overclocking?... and for the Motherboard I have "AI Suite 3".

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
N
I heard that Motherboards can be overclocked, (I might have misunderstood).... so I was wondering if so... does that be done first before CPU and GPUs are overclocked? Or is the board just used to overclock the CPU/GPU?

I know if you overclock your CPU & GPU to get a boost in performance with them... What would overclocking the Motherboard give you?

... and about overclocking in general.... When I play my game of choice, the CPU sits at 55 degrees... and the GPU sits at mid 60's for the outer temperatures and mid/high 80's for inner temps. This means I can "boost" the CPU (and possibly the GPU) a little more?

FYI.

I have "AMD Radeon Software" installed and "Ryzen Master" too. Both are "safe" to try overclocking?... and for the Motherboard I have "AI Suite 3".
Nothing to overclock for the motherboard, CPU yours is not listed so no answer, video cards are usually factory overclocked and not much to gain so no real reason to bother.

Eamonn100

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Things are not like they were.

Most processors are already about maxed out just use PBO for AMD and it's about all your going to get anyhow.

For your card risk vs reward. If you could get 5% more out of it and were getting 100FPs in a given game then you would get 105 FPS.
Interesting, thanks.

So in regards to the AMD Radeon Software, (it gives you the option to overclock the CPU & GPU)... there's no real point? I'd just be over heating my components?