Overclocking my 8600k with the hyper 212 evo air cooler

justin_162

Reputable
Jan 3, 2017
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has some safe recommendations for a safe overclock that won't overheat my cpu. I have an 8600k on the asus strix z370e motherboard. I'm running a hyper 212 air cooler which ik isn't the best. And recomendations on a safe overclock for most chips. Ik that each chip is different.

Solution
Hi man I got no answer for your question but wanted to ask you if you had any clearance problems between your ram and the cpu cooler? asking because i have same mobo and im gonna order the same cooler, thank you

Tyler Paul_1

Prominent
Jul 4, 2017
every single chip is different so its down to the quality of the silicon your processor was made from which is random.

My personal opinion is to go as far as you can sticking to recommended voltages and temperatures.

High voltages are the main killers of chips so be careful.

Any temperature below 75 is great when overclocking.

justin_162

Reputable
Jan 3, 2017

The rest of my system is a gigabyte windforce 1070ti and 16gb of ddr4 2400mhz ram with a evga 80+ bronze power supply. I am gaming on this pc but I'm also streaming a bit and I use music production programs and Photoshop. And my for my current temps. The highest I saw was 89c when stress testing it with prime 95 on the small ffts setting for about 5 minutes and 60c on the blend test

justin_162

Reputable
Jan 3, 2017

I Havent touched anything to do with the cpu yet. i was wondering what is considered safe on the majority of 8600k's with the cooler i have

Apr 29, 2018
Hi man I got no answer for your question but wanted to ask you if you had any clearance problems between your ram and the cpu cooler? asking because i have same mobo and im gonna order the same cooler, thank you

Solution

TRENDING THREADS