Overclocking my Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
I have been wanting to overclock my CPU for a while now but i cant bring myself to do it, just incase of damage. i want to overclock it to 3.2 or higher if possible.

My system Spec.
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Memory : DDR2 4GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz, PC2-8500 C5
Mobo : Gygabite GA-X48-DQ6
GPU : 1GB ATI HD4890 XXX Edition
PSU : Corsair TX750W

i would like the expert or a professional opinion before i try to overclock my systems CPU.

Thanks.

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

What are the stickies, im not sure what you mean lol.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
If you just simply ^lOOk^ ^up^ at the top of this Forum, you will see "Guides" which have a heavy red arrow and bold fonts. These are "Stickies", which were written by Forum members such as myself, and were voted to become permenently "Stuck" or attached to the top of the Forum, so as to provide reference material and assistance for everyone's ongoing benefit. Members are expected to read them before posting questions, which have most likely already been answered within the information contained in the Sticky, thereby making it unecessary to post repetitive questions.

If you still can't resolve your issues after making an honest effort to study the Stickies, then it's fine to post a question asking for help. The more details you provide concerning your rig's configuration and the exact nature of the problem, the easier it will be for us to help you.

Welcome aboard!

Comp :sol:

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

thank you for your advice i shall do my searching then ;) and im glad to be aboard

fedtmusen

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Hej Goodlockin
My system Spec.:
Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Noctua c12p cpu cooler
Memory : DDR2 (2x2 gig) Mushkin, 800
Mobo : Gygabite GA-X48-DQ6
GPU : 512 mbB ATI HD4850
PSU : Corsair TX750W
Case: antec 1200
As you can see, systems are nearly similar.
I got mine to 3.6 @ easy. Not with the stock-cooler!!!
Get som serius cooling device before oc starts, on your cpu.
Do your overclock in bios!
Happy days

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Yeah make sure you have a decent cooler.
Often the install requires you remove the motherboard (fun fun). Grab some Arctic Silver 5 too if you can (not a major but usually gives an extra couple of degrees over the free stuff you get with heatsinks normally).

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
yes i got a Asus triton-81 heatsinque which is good i guess i mean my system runs at a steady 25-39 dc. o posted another thread under CPU..i extended the issues with more relevent information so you know what im on about. i have tried some ways to try and overclock but no luck :(:(

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

ahh thats nice :D, if you can remeber what you set your bios to mabe you can give me some info on how you got it to 3.6 but in my case 3.2 but im sure you must know how to lol.

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
i have posted another thread on memory not to overload you guys with issues. but i am still trying to overclock. my last bump is my MIT DDR2 overvoltage control. it flashed when i changed my settings and my core voltage according to a guide a followed of toms hardware where i clock it to 3.4 not 3.2 i thought if the pricible is the same then why not clock it higher. still i get a flashing message saying the ddr2 voltage has not changed, when i try to change it there are some options in white, pink and red(red is flashing) im guessing the ones in red are the ones i dont select, but im not sure. any info on that problem. i believe its something to do with my mobo, but maybe its not just my mobo?

SpidersWeb

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
Set the RAM to it's rated voltage, it's probably printed on the side of it.
I never go over this, at least not by much, because it can kill the RAM. So if it's DDR2-1066 @ 2.1V then set it to 2.1V for example.

The colours on the voltage screens are simply to show you which values they think are safe. e.g. if I set my Vcore to 1.5V or above it goes red.

goodlockin

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009

ok thanks spider ill give it a go :D