Question Overclocking not working

Jan 28, 2020
im playing rust [ a video game that uses 7300 mbs] and i overclock so i dont drop to 50 fps and stay at 60 but sometimes but mhz for my gpu drops below the base how do i stop that?

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
She’ll sounds like
there were no errors and my fps goes bad when the gpu clock goes down
sounds like he’s got the right answer cause I’ve been there that’s why Overclocking is just abuse and why when they release a special edition that comes clock at last years recommended over clocking speed so many people blow there cpu apu or going because they attempted to clock more

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
I found that in my bios once that I could clock my cpu at 8.ghz but that doesn’t mean I should and also if you turned on anything in your bios that’s lick boost cpu something something then there’s something the same above it that’s already on leave it because one. That’s not on by default me actually be for downclocking or cpu limiter in other words the pc shuts down cors when it doesn’t think it needs them if you have AMD then you’re going to have a hell of a time trying to figure out what you’re doing rong turn out Ryzen my be the top cpu right now but it also turns out they are vary picky with ram and cpu downclocking We’re i7 does it better amd also hates mixing rams especially if you’re turning on cpu downclocking in your bios

LUCKY7SON

Prominent
Feb 26, 2019
Whatever you whacked in your bios you better fix it before your computer only lets you go in a loop till the loop gets shorter and turns into a quicker and quicker shut down as soon as the computer it powered on

so in other words as soon as the cpu fires on that’s your q go fix it then look into better options when you find more stable setup then go for it but be wornd you probably already shortened your cpu lifespan so if I was you I would go default settings but your you so do what you like when you fix it but if it dies don’t say I didn’t warn you