overclocking of amd hd 8500

suneel6565

Reputable
May 31, 2015
best settings for amd hd 8500 with r5 graphics in msi afterburner for overclocking safely. i mean upto it's limit and not beyond it.plz help me

Solution
M is for Mobile chips, used in laptops. The problem with overclocking a mobile chip is they usually run rather hot already and the cooling systems aren't designed for the increased heat.

As for the settings you want, its different for each and every chip. Some might go up rather high, others not so much. Google would be your best bet.

(Again, I really don't recommend this, the performance gains and risk just aren't worth it.)
I am assuming you are talking about the HD 8500M. In which case its a mobile chip and you likely don't want to overclock it. Overclocking a desktop GPU is fine with proper cooling but a laptop GPU is just asking for trouble, they just aren't designed to dissipate that much heat.

suneel6565

Reputable
May 31, 2015
thank you for the reply and spending your time for my doubts. i just want to increase power limit and core clock but not core voltage. i heard that increasing increasing core voltage decreases the life span of gpu and core clock increases heat. if it's true i can manage. and what is meant by M in amd hd 8500m. plz tell me the settings just want to know them:wahoo:

M is for Mobile chips, used in laptops. The problem with overclocking a mobile chip is they usually run rather hot already and the cooling systems aren't designed for the increased heat.

As for the settings you want, its different for each and every chip. Some might go up rather high, others not so much. Google would be your best bet.

(Again, I really don't recommend this, the performance gains and risk just aren't worth it.)

Solution