[SOLVED] Overclocking on a MSI B450m Bazooka MAX WiFi - Ryzen 5 3600

Jul 15, 2020
Looking to build my first ever gaming PC so I’m looking for a cheap mobo that I can use to overclock my CPU with the stock cooler.

Will I be able to overclock a Ryzen 5 3600 to 4.2 GHz using this mobo and just the stock cooler. Thanks in Advance!

Solution
The stock cooler for the 3600 is not very good actually. There are a lot of threads on this site regarding high temps when using it. Plan on an aftermarket cooler, nothing exotic.

The Ryzen cpu's have auto-boost and it's called PBO. It's better to let the cpu boost itself rather than trying to overclock.

The 3600 is a great cpu for gaming at a great price point.
The stock cooler for the 3600 is not very good actually. There are a lot of threads on this site regarding high temps when using it. Plan on an aftermarket cooler, nothing exotic.

The Ryzen cpu's have auto-boost and it's called PBO. It's better to let the cpu boost itself rather than trying to overclock.

Reactions: CozyHerbivore02
Solution
Jul 15, 2020

Thanks for the fast reply! Guess I’ll go with an aftermarket cooler then.