Overclocking on the ASUS P5Q SE2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emtiph

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
How do I overclock my CPU on the ASUS P5Q SE2? I've tried to google this, but with no success. Any site I did go to, I just tried a range of options, but each time the board just says that the overclock didn't work and I keep having to reset the settings. I know how to overclock, I just don't know how to do it on this board. I am overclocking a Q8200 from 2.33 to 2.8.

Emtiph

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
No. I know there are other options that have to be changed from 'Auto' to 'Enabled' or 'Disabled' and such, I am just not sure which ones to change.

Emtiph

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
Yes, I was pointed to that before. I'll repost my responce from another forum:

Yes, I've already had a look at that before I created this thread; It wasn't helpful in the slightest.
As I stated, I know how to overclock. I don't want to touch voltages or timings or anything like that. I know this can be done because I have done it with my current setup. I have my E6400 OC'd to 2.8GHz.

In that article, he is talking about a whole host of things that I don't even need to read/don't want to get into. 2.8GHz isn't really all that much, and shouldn't be enough to require me to change my voltages. I just need to know which options to set to Enable/Disable or leave on Auto. It doesn't help that he isn't doing it on the same board as me.

FYI, I've tried the whole... copying the options someone else has set with similar boards, but the BIOS ALWAYS returns the message the the overclock has failed, so I'd really like to get some info on someone who has the same board, who has over clocked on it successfully.

soognwoo

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

I have same mobo, P5Q-SE2.
But, I can't make it OCed with E5300 and DDR2 800 RAM.
Could you show us what's your BIOS setting?

Thx in advance
soongwoo

vincentquest

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
I have the same mobo with 2.66ghz q9550, corsair 1066 ddr2 and a 512mb ddr3 9800gt nvidia card. I have a stable system of 3.65ghz. with a FSB of 1705mhz. (FSB Frequency: 426)

This is the first time I'm overclocking something so I am not sure what really needs to be done to make better. I have maxed out my multiplyers (8) and if I add one more frequency (427) to the FSB I dont have it so stable.

My settings are:

FSB Frequency: 426
PCIE Frequency: 100
Ram: 5-6-6-18 with 2.10V
CPU Voltage: 1.41875
All the rest are auto.

Is there anything else I can do to make my system faster or have better efficiency. I have been reading forums for 4 days now and although I have an idea I am still a novice.

Good advice is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.