Overclocking Question

reapur

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2001
Hi,
I'm new to Nvidia. I have a Geforce2 Ultra.
There is so much info out there that by the end of the day, I'm totally confused.
It's a visiontek and their drivers don't have an overclock option.
1- What utility do I use to overclock?
2- What are some safe values that I can try
3- Is 3dmark2k the only proggie that benchmarks? I run XP pro and 3dmark crashes right after the first screen after I launch it, and I have to reboot after that cuz the graphics get messed up.

Many Thanks,
reapur

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Go to <A HREF="http://www.guru3d.com" target="_new">http://www.guru3d.com</A> and look at their downloads. I use Coolbits, which is an overclocking program built into nVidia's drivers but disabled by default.

Back to you Tom...

G

I got RivaTuner from that same site.

Wierd thing, after I ran RivaTuner to up the clock frequencies, (go to the 'system' button on the first RivaTuner window) first run => enable overclocking and tell it to detect, boot, then second run go to same window and up them a small amount (amount doesn't matter, but first try ought to be conservative).

From this point on, I never needed to run RivaTuner again. The 'clock frequencies' tab now shows when I use windows display properties => settings => advanced => GeForce3 => additional properties

Woot!

(have to repeat the process when you upgrade or re-install your dets. Also, I know you are on a GeForce2, but the same process worked for me when I was on a GeForce2 GTS)

------------------

:cool: <b>Do YOU deserve Da Bird?</b> :cool: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Insidious on 11/06/01 06:53 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Smilin

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001
Are the coolbits still in the latest detonators?

I used to just do the registry hack to turn it on but now I can't seem to find the key. I'll just download that thingy I guess. I'm thinking my GF3 Ti500 should be able to pull 525 Mhz on the memory without going out of spec (3.8ns memory). I saw that someone pulled 570Mhz out of the memory system on some board somewhere. We'll see. >:)

reapur

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2001
What are some good values to try on the GF2 Ultra? I'd like to experiment, but I don't want to fry it :)