Overclocking Ram Causing Visual Issues On Desktop At Bootup

Oct 17, 2018
I upgraded my Ram from 16gb 2400mhz ripjaws v to 32gb 3200mhz ripjaws v and I am having issues with my computer.

My computer is brand new! Built as of August 2018 and only been used lightly since then.
Computer Specs:
MOBO: Gigabyte z370 HD3 - says 3200mhz OC is supported
CPU: intel i7 8700k
RAM: 32gb 3200mhz
PSU: 850W EVGA gold
GPU: was on EVGA GTX 1080 but seems more stable with my older GTX 780 TI

The ram, FA-3200C16D-32GVK, says that it is 16-18-18-38 and 1.35V to get it to 3200mhz.
The problem started after I enabled XMP Profile 1.
The first time it booted up it was fine but I noticed that the screen would freeze for a little bit, turn black, and back on. Sometimes when the screen turns back on there would be bluish green artifacts all over my screen. Sometimes it just freeze and unable to do anything. There are times where it works normally after it comes back.

I am guessed it isn't stable when XMP is enabled so I turned it off and manually input the CAS timing and DRAM voltage. It seems more stable but its not pleasing that it still freezing when the desktop is first shown.
I also swapped around my GPU to see if it somehow fried my GPU when XMP was enabled but it seems that both my cards are showing the same issue.

I also tried disabling XMP and reverting back all settings in the BIOS but then my computer wont boot.

Anything I am doing wrong? This is my first time OCing and I've spend numerous hours researching how to get my ram working at 3200mhz before actually trying to OC my RAM.

clear CMOS. will it boot then? getting it to run that fast for an INTEL chip is not nearly as important as with RYZEN chips. stability is way more important than anything else try backing it down to 2933 or 2600 if you really must OC it. try to find the sweet spot. by clearing CMOS you will be back at default

Oct 17, 2018

What I have tried today was to click the "optimized setting" in the Gigabyte BIOs and it wont boot normally. Or just boots with no video. I have also taken out the battery and unplugged my PSU for 5 minutes. Does that count as clearing the CMOS or do I have to find the jumper?

Oct 17, 2018
Ndut4PC

http://imgur.com/a/Ndut4PC

These are the images of my computer settings and the errors I get. I just want to know if its possible to revert back to not using the XMP and not overclocking the RAM. My computer wont boot without the RAM at 3200mhz.

After a few reboots without changing the settings, my computer functions normally until I reboot or shutdown my PC. Are artifacts normal when overclocking the RAM or did I burn out both my GPUs with the XMP setting on? I have cleared the CMOS and the computer wont boot up.

Does this issue have something to do with Intel Management Engine? I just realized that I updated it and booting up became slower.