Question overclocking ram

KeithK2006

Prominent
Feb 13, 2019
I already enabled XMP and my ram is at 3200mhz, I was thinking about overclocking my ram to 3600 (if thats how it works) just to squeeze a little bit of performance out of it (Sorry im new to all of this)

kurdtnz

Prominent
Feb 24, 2020
I already enabled XMP and my ram is at 3200mhz, I was thinking about overclocking my ram to 3600 (if thats how it works) just to squeeze a little bit of performance out of it (Sorry im new to all of this)
I think memory runs at 2133mhz by default and by enabling XMP it now runs at 3200mhz so it has been overclocked :) Well,that's how Ive always understood it anyway.

kurdtnz

Prominent
Feb 24, 2020
To be honest,i didnt even know you could do that! Just read about it.. Sorry,it's a little out of my league so cant advise you any further as it's not something Ive ever tried.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
that's allright
Just a tip don't mark your question solved till it is, people with more experience will stop looking at it.

Yes it is possible to overclock the memory speed past the specks, or at least make the timings better by manually setting the values then checking the stability.

When you get a answer like this.
To be honest,i didnt even know you could do that!
That should tip you off that the wrong person is trying to answer a question and they don't have the answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS