[SOLVED] Overclocking Recommended for Ryzen 5 3600 + RTX 2070 Super?

Mar 16, 2020
Thinking about overclocking my build below and I was wondering if anyone here has had experience overclocking this CPU/GPU combo and how effective it was. Obviously it differs from build to build, but I'm curious how much of a performance increase I could get. I would invest in a better cooler if it was a big enough difference.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sVm427

Solution
With your main gaming monitor being 1440p 165Hz Id expect overclocking your gpu to be more beneficial than overclocking your cpu. However with Ryzen it’s best just to use PBO and not bother with overclocking.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
I use a 3700x and after some tweaking I settled with PBO2. I then realized that the cpu was hitting the powertarget of 88 w under full load (folding@home full bore). So I increased the powerlimit. Now the cpu is drawing up to 110 w and boosts to 4050 mhz all core and 4300 in lower load situations like gaming.

You do not want to do a static VCore overclock like we all did with older Intel platforms. Ryzen gog a very complicated security system of load switching, rapid boosts and voltage balancing to allow for high clocked render threads while in the same time preventing chip degradation due to high voltage+high load situations.

Reactions: Phaaze88

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
U are more gpu bound at 1440 p than cpu bound so first oc ur gpu THERE is a video how to manul oc with msi afterburner,if u dont want to manul oc the newer versions of AB have at the top left corner and oc option with automatic scan HERE. Also a tip dont oc all ur components at once unless u know what u are doing small changes so u can backtrack in case of an error. Oc the gpu and if u are not happy we can discuss for cpu oc gl mate :)