Question Overclocking Ryzen 3 2200g w/ stock cooler

Spirals

Prominent
Mar 8, 2019
Hello! So I'm planning to overclock my ryzen 3 2200g with a b450m HDV.. I'm on a budget so I'm not some sort of a multi billionaire who can afford i9 9900k, anyways back to my question.. Can you overclock 2200g with only the stock cooler? (Can't afford an extra $20 on a CPU cooler)

Feb 23, 2019
Never know to you try. Do some homework on OC’ing that cpu and maybe some motherboard specs and see what happens. You can always revert down in speed if it gets too hot. I know I can run my older ryzen 5 1400 on an all core clock at 3400mhz and sustain decent temps with a stock cooler. Anything more gets a bit to hot for comfort. With a H80 I was able to do a bit more and still be good on a stress test without side effects.

Ok, in that case I CAN actually afford both Deep Cool Gammaxx 300.. now my question is is it good for ryzen 3 2200g?
Or do I have to go further..?
Overclocking of a 2200 is fairly limited and usually the stock cooler works OK for what you can get out of it if you let the fan spin up pretty high. That will make it pretty noisy though.

Hopefully the Gammaxx should help with the sound at least as much as heat removal. It also appears to provide for airflow across the VRM, a very good thing with most AM4 boards. So if you need to go further it will be if you need to keep a quieter system.

I'd suggest trying out the stock cooler first then making a decision on aftermarket choices.

Aug 16, 2019
I have the Ryzen 3 220G and have overclocked the CPU to 3.84 ghz at 1.38 volts . it's been running well with no crashes. idle temps at around 32c, with an ambient room temp of around 26c

Aug 16, 2019
amazing value!

But do you mean Ryzen 3 2200G? or Athlon 220G. just to be clear.
I completely agree! and this is on the stock cooler. I have not pushed it any further yet, and most likely won't until i buy an aftermarket cooler, mainly because I live in a hot country.
But so far so good, it's actually exceeded my expectations :)

I mean the Ryzen 3 2200G :)