Question Overclocking Ryzen 3 2200g

Mar 19, 2019
I just built a new PC
Specs:
R3 2200G
Asus B450m
2*4GB DDR4 3000MHZ RAM

I wanted to know how much can I push this processor and its integrated GPU with a stock cooler ( I know it differs from piece to piece but what would be the average results if I do overclocking)
Please help me out guys, I am new in this.
Thanks

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Results will vary, and there are other factors, but most people say you can add 200Mhz to the iGPU without much effort, and possibly get the CPU to boost to 3.8 or 3.9 Ghz vs. the typical 3.7Ghz max.

Just depends what noise level and temperature you are willing to put up with. I believe the stock core voltage is quite high so that is why there is as much wiggle room as there is. You can try to reduce the voltage as well as overclock a little and see how it goes.

Mar 19, 2019
Results will vary, and there are other factors, but most people say you can add 200Mhz to the iGPU without much effort, and possibly get the CPU to boost to 3.8 or 3.9 Ghz vs. the typical 3.7Ghz max.

Just depends what noise level and temperature you are willing to put up with. I believe the stock core voltage is quite high so that is why there is as much wiggle room as there is. You can try to reduce the voltage as well as overclock a little and see how it goes.
what is the stock voltage of the iGPU

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
1.1 seems to be the default for both the core and the iGPU. Though others report 1.3 stock for the CPU, so it probably depends on the motherboard's defaults.

Either way, you only mess with voltage when temperature allows. You can try overclocking a little without touching the voltages, and if you feel there is enough headroom you can add a little at a time.

Some people also reported the clock frequency for the iGPU to be set very low by default. It should be at 1.1Ghz stock.