Overclocking Ryzen 5 2600 with Stock Cooler at 4 GHz

Nov 26, 2018
Hey there,

I am getting a new PC (finally) and I am looking at getting the Ryzen 5 2600 with the RTX 2070 and 16 GB of ram rated at 2666 MHz. Do you guys know if I can overclock the CPU to 4 GHz with the stock cooler? If so, what voltage should I run it at? If I cannot overclock the CPU at 4 GHz, then what should I overclock it to?

Thanks, I know it's a lot but I'm pretty new to overclocking and this stuff!

Thanks for any help !!!!!

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
All 12 threads no you won't hit 4.2 if it's loaded it'll overheat. It'll do it in 1/2 core bursts.

As for fps every rig is different. You'll get very solid fps in any game you throw at it. Csgo/fortnight will be bottlnecked pretty bad but a 9900k would bottlneck too. You honestly have too much gpu for 1080p in the vast majority of games.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
For gaming an overclocked 8600k/9600k is better, especially for super high fps. They also cost a lot more.

If you're interested in overclocking, I'd say the 2600 is the better buy, given that it's $40 cheaper. Even taking into account the better stock cooler with the 2600X, for that price difference you could easily buy a better cooler for the 2600 and probably still have a few bucks left over.