• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Overclocking ryzen 5 2600

TBES

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello all
Thank you in advance. I just got a ryzen 5 2600 and a b450 tomahawk. I am considering overclocking it. I have the stock cooler. I read some reviews online that said I shouldn’t overclock it because there is no point. First question: should I overclock it? What is the maximum speeds and voltage I should expect?

dorsai

Honorable
I'd suggest focusing on tightening ram timings and setting up your system with proper cooling that will keep the chip in the 65-70c range (or better) under load. Once you have those sorted out I would look at PBO and see what type of boost you'll get running it. If you do choose to run a 24/7 overclock expect a max of 4.1-ish Ghz (depends on your chip) and you'll want to stay as far below 1.4v as possible on the cpu.

poorbugger

Reputable
Nov 28, 2015
I have the 2600. Unless you live in a very cold ambient temperature with like 15C, i do not suggest overclocking it with the stock cooler. You will need at least a hyper 212 evo or led.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS