[SOLVED] Overclocking ryzen 5 2600

TBES

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
Hello all
Thank you in advance. I just got a ryzen 5 2600 and a b450 tomahawk. I am considering overclocking it. I have the stock cooler. I read some reviews online that said I shouldn’t overclock it because there is no point. First question: should I overclock it? What is the maximum speeds and voltage I should expect?

Solution
I'd suggest focusing on tightening ram timings and setting up your system with proper cooling that will keep the chip in the 65-70c range (or better) under load. Once you have those sorted out I would look at PBO and see what type of boost you'll get running it. If you do choose to run a 24/7 overclock expect a max of 4.1-ish Ghz (depends on your chip) and you'll want to stay as far below 1.4v as possible on the cpu.
I'd suggest focusing on tightening ram timings and setting up your system with proper cooling that will keep the chip in the 65-70c range (or better) under load. Once you have those sorted out I would look at PBO and see what type of boost you'll get running it. If you do choose to run a 24/7 overclock expect a max of 4.1-ish Ghz (depends on your chip) and you'll want to stay as far below 1.4v as possible on the cpu.

Solution