[SOLVED] Overclocking Ryzen 5 2600X, But then a Display cable died after a crash.

Nov 5, 2022
So I did know exactly where to post this but because it happened while overclocking thought someone here might have an idea of why it may have happened to it. But to the story, I was overclocking my CPU to 4300 GHz and found a stable point and was trying to undervolt it so I I didn't need to be running my pump and fans full throttle, I had no plans on running this as a daily clock but just wanted to see if it was possible, but while stress testing it I was turning my fans and pump down to my daily settings and thermal throttled, which was expected, rebooted no problem but then, no signal detected, popped up on my second monitor, checked it on both monitors, no signal, tested my working one on the second monitor, no signal, hdmi works fine on the second one and when plugged in with display cable it shows up in display settings but can't change any settings on it with, so I have no clue if its the display cable or the port on the monitor or both. Any help or ideas of what happened

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard: MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200MHz 32GB (2x 16GB)
SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2028 Super
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 7W Gold ( 4-5 years old)
Chassis: Phanteks Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Edition
Monitor: ASUS VG248 24" 144 Hz

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Nov 5, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.
thank you i updated it

Nov 5, 2022
my computer was still recovering from the crash, after setting the clock down and giving it enough power it fixed its self