Overclocking Ryzen 5 2600x need some help please

Apr 17, 2018
Hello
I just finished my new Pc and i would like to overclock the Cpu only in gaming sessions(1-8h) but i`m not sure how to proceed to be on the safe side.In short,i`d like to get the most of it in games but ,of course,not molotov the damm thing.

Cpu specs:
Ram: Patriat Viper 2 x 8gb 3200 mhz Cl 16 (managed to make it stay at 3200)
Motherboard: B350 Tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x with cooler stock(Wraith Spire)
HDD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
Case:deepcool kendomen titanium gray with 5 120mm Fans
PSU: seasonic 12ii 520W 80+Bronze
GPU: Asus gtx 1060 6gb Dual OC

I am more than happy with how my CPU is running outside of gaming,so i would like to not overclock it from bios,so i would like to overclock it with Ryzen Master just in gaming sessions.
Can anyone guide me:
-How to test the CPU for stability
-What are the maximum allowed temps
-What voltage should be acceptable ?
-What Frequency should i expect to obtain? i was thinking about a 4.1-4.2 on all cores on cooler stock,but i dont know if thats possible

Thanks,i am waiting for response

Solution

Okay. how you check that is.. You download HW monitor so you'd check your PC's temps. Then you download Aida64 or Prime95 and do a stress test while watching the temps of the CPU. If temps get over 90, its a no go my friend, even tho your PC will never be under that much load as those 2 programs will put it at, dont go for that OC. So if its lower the voltage. If it doesnt restart or BSOD its a stable overclock. And...
Apr 17, 2018
I still dont understand how i would know if my system is stable after overclocking..i managed to OC to 4.1 with setting voltage 1.38 but i dont know if thats too low,or too high,or good enough.i just set that and it worked
anyone can please take their time and explain? searching web all day,didnt find a proper answer

Evvvvv

Reputable
Feb 6, 2017

Okay. how you check that is.. You download HW monitor so you'd check your PC's temps. Then you download Aida64 or Prime95 and do a stress test while watching the temps of the CPU. If temps get over 90, its a no go my friend, even tho your PC will never be under that much load as those 2 programs will put it at, dont go for that OC. So if its lower the voltage. If it doesnt restart or BSOD its a stable overclock. And when You reach stable OC, then go to BIOS over and over again and lower the CPU voltage by 0.01 each time. To find the lowest voltage your CPU will go with on that OC. When you find it, keep it there.

Solution