Question Overclocking Ryzen 5 3600 to 4.40 Ghz, all cores?

GautamPrakash

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
Config : Ryzen 5 3600 (using Stock Cooler), Mobo : Gigabyte B450m DS3H wifi, RAM : Adata Premier 16 Gb 2666 MHz

I am new to overclocking but I have downloaded the Ryzen master and managed to manually overclock the CPU to a stable 4.40 GHz across all cores at 1.225 V and I have not tinkered anything else. I was able to overclock it to 4.50 across all cores but it was not stable under 100% stress in CPUz.

Anyway the point is after I restart my computer it's back to normal and I have to again open Ryzen and apply the profile. Doesn't Ryzen Master save these settings permanently?

And if you could please provide the easiest way to apply those settings in the motherboard directly. Just the CPU, 4.40 across all cores at 1.225v.

I have attached the performance benchmark test scores where earlier I was getting around 16900 something and now its around 18984. In CPUz it's currently around 4500 Multi-thread and 550 single thread.

View: https://imgur.com/Rk2Qfhh

Config : Ryzen 5 3600 (using Stock Cooler), Mobo : Gigabyte B450m DS3H wifi, RAM : Adata Premier 16 Gb 2666 MHz

I am new to overclocking but I have downloaded the Ryzen master and managed to manually overclock the CPU to a stable 4.40 GHz across all cores at 1.225 V and I have not tinkered anything else. I was able to overclock it to 4.50 across all cores but it was not stable under 100% stress in CPUz.

Anyway the point is after I restart my computer it's back to normal and I have to again open Ryzen and apply the profile. Doesn't Ryzen Master save these settings permanently?

And if you could please provide the easiest way to apply those settings in the motherboard directly. Just the CPU, 4.40 across all cores at 1.225v.

I have attached the performance benchmark test scores where earlier I was getting around 16900 something and now its around 18984. In CPUz it's currently around 4500 Multi-thread and 550 single thread.

View: https://imgur.com/Rk2Qfhh
Also: be very aware that even experienced overclockers are finding their Ryzen 3000 CPU's degrading with fixed manual overclocks. They're strongly advising not going over 1.2V.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/g5ufnq/friendly_reminder_that_it_is_not_reccomended_to/

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They're strongly advising not going over 1.2V.
It's not just the core voltage, but also the current going through them at any given time. It remains high, or higher than usual, regardless of the workload when manually overclocking, because it's no longer dynamic.
Sure, one could do a 'low voltage' OC on these chips, but trouble is still abound when the cpu is pulling 50A* more than it can reasonably handle under a heavy load. [*just throwing a number out there. The point was excessive current draw.]

GautamPrakash

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
First, setup the over clock in your bios settings if the ryzen software isn’t working. Second, please get a better cooler, over clocking on a stock cooler isn’t a great idea.

Ryzen software is working and I am getting stable performance at 4.40 GHz across all cores at 1.225v but once I restart my desktop I have to again open ryzen master and apply this profile to get these overclocking benefits.

My question is that someone who has the Gigabyte B450M DS3H Wifi motherboard please tell me the overclock settings in the Motherboard Bios so I don't have to depend every-time on the Ryzen master. Just two setting in the BIOS ie. change the frequency at 4.40 across all cores and the voltage at 1.225v.

(I am new to overclocking so please understand. Some of the older motherboard I have worked with didn't have so many options just to change the CPU frequency and power, this gigabyte one is confusing and there's these setting under MIT then on the other screen where there is AMD overclocking and what not...)