Question Overclocking Ryzen 71700 to 3.5 ghz

Sep 25, 2019
Cpu : ryzen 7 1700
Gpu: 1660ti
Ram: 16gb
Cooler: Stock cooler
Mobo: Gigabyte Ax370 gaming rev 1
(Link : https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/GA-H81M-DS2-rev-10#ov)
Bios ver: F31
I have overlooked usually by changing just the clock ratio and leaving everything default but now it is not working since i bought a new gpu. Errors are different time to time like ntoskrnl.exe missing , again i got winload. Efi. It always get fixed after i reset bios. If anyone has same spec as mine, tell me how did you do it?

Last edited:
Cpu : ryzen 7 1700
Gpu: 1660ti
Ram: 16gb
Mobo: Gigabyte Ax370 gaming rev 1
(Link : https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/GA-H81M-DS2-rev-10#ov)
Bios ver: F31
I have overlooked usually by changing just the clock ratio and leaving everything default but now it is not working since i bought a new gpu. If anyone has same spec as mine, tell me how did you do it?
An overclock to 3.5Ghz is very mild overclock for a 1700... actually an 'underclock' since it will boost to 3.7 or even 3.75Ghz on it's own. So I can't believe that's the problem. But since this just started with the new GPU I'd suggest removing any overclock (putting it in plain stock configuration with everything 'auto') and sorting out the problem with that first.

It could be related as much to GPU drivers as anything else. Did you do a clean un-install of the old GPU drivers using DDU?

Sep 25, 2019
An overclock to 3.5Ghz is very mild overclock for a 1700... actually an 'underclock' since it will boost to 3.7 or even 3.75Ghz on it's own. So I can't believe that's the problem. But since this just started with the new GPU I'd suggest removing any overclock (putting it in plain stock configuration with everything 'auto') and sorting out the problem with that first.

It could be related as much to GPU drivers as anything else. Did you do a clean un-install of the old GPU drivers using DDU?
Yes i have clean install the gpu, first i uninstall old driver then even checked the options clean installation during new driver installation i forget to mention, the error i get different like onetime it said ntoskrnl.exe missing , again i got winload. Efi, then it didn't even load. But whenever i load optimal default bios setup, it always work. Btw my ryzen chip always sit in between 3ghz and that's why i wanted to goto 3.5ghz as my cooler is stock cooler.

Yes i have clean install the gpu, first i uninstall old driver then even checked the options clean installation during new driver installation i forget to mention, the error i get different like onetime it said ntoskrnl.exe missing , again i got winload. Efi, then it didn't even load. But whenever i load optimal default bios setup, it always work. Btw my ryzen chip always sit in between 3ghz and that's why i wanted to goto 3.5ghz as my cooler is stock cooler.

It sits at 3Ghz probably because it's not being 'worked' at the moment. It should boost as needed, when something comes along and asks for it in light bursty work. That's like browsing on the web, working e-mail or other office apps and navigating around in Windows. Even many games.

A heavy workload, something like encoding a video, will probably be limited to 3.2Ghz or so.

Are you overclocking memory?

Also, open a command prompt with administrator privileges and run an "sfc /scannow". There may be some Windows corruption and this might fix it up.