Question Overclocking Ryzen apu and wont boot

Aug 21, 2019
Hi, i recently bought the new Ryzen 5 3400g Apu with a asus tuf motherboard, and first problem was that the mobo was outdated and it didnt boot the first time. so i took it to a computer shop to swap an older ryzen gen apu and update the Bios for the 3rd gen. it worked for the past few days. then after then just yesterday i decided to overclock the Vram of the Vega graphics to the highest memory, afterwards the pc re-started and did not display anything, not even booting to bios. i tried the Cmos methed, pulling the battery out and jumping the cmos jumpers and i even check the components like the CPU, GPU, ram and the mobo to see if anything is damage, but nothing is. Is there another way to reset the bios or some method to fix this problem. Please, i need answers on fixing this problem because i cant afford to buy a new mobo or cpu. Thank you

Did you change any voltages when you increased the mem clock? Setting the speed it to it's highest setting was obviously not a good idea. OC'ing the right way, will be fun and beneficial and get more performance. Just diving in and putting in the highest settings will give headaches, as you already know.

I'd suggest reading up on OC'ing before trying again.

Here's a good guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/cpu-overclocking-guide-and-tutorial-for-beginners.3347428/

If you didn't change the voltages on anything then you should be able to recover the bios using restore to default/CMOS clear. Are you sure you did the CMOS clear correctly? Make sure to follow the guidelines from the manufacturer.

Aug 21, 2019
no i haven't change the voltages on the cpu. all i did was set the Vram from auto to 3g (highest option) and then that when the the problem started. i have read through the manual, and my mobo has only 2-pin jumpers.it says i must use a metal obj to short the jumpers. but it wasnt clear on which pin/s must i short and how long must i hold in order to short current properly.